Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dolemite Is My Name 

Rate this film:
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Dolemite Is My Name 
Keeping it Light

Post Dolemite Is My Name

Quote:
Dolemite Is My Name is a 2019 American biographical comedy film directed by Craig Brewer and written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. The film stars Eddie Murphy as filmmaker Rudy Ray Moore, best known for portraying the character of Dolemite in both his stand-up routine and a series of blaxploitation films, starting with Dolemite in 1975.

The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 7, 2019, and was released in a limited release on October 4, 2019, before digital streaming on October 25, 2019, by Netflix. The film received positive reviews from critics, with major praise drawn towards Murphy's comeback performance (being his first film in three years), as well as its screenplay, costumes, and sense of humor.

Dedicated to his late older brother, who died in 2017, it is Murphy's first R-rated film since 1999's Life.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:28 am
Forum General

Post Re: Dolemite Is My Name
It felt pretty long at times, but man did I love every minute of this. I had a big grin on my face from beginning to end, and it's just a really fun, inspiring and uplifting movie. Murphy was great here, but Wesley Snipes is the one who really stole the show IMO. I honestly believe I laughed out loud at pretty much every scene he was in.

B+

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]