Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Unplanned 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Unplanned 
now we know

Post Unplanned

Quote:
Unplanned is a 2019 American drama written and directed by God's Not Dead writers Chuck Konzelman and Cary Solomon, based on the memoir of the same name by Abby Johnson. The film stars Ashley Bratcher, Brooks Ryan, Robia Scott, Jared Lotz, and Emma Elle Roberts, and is scheduled for release by Pure Flix, an American Christian production and distribution company, on March 29, 2019. The working title of the film was Redeemed, and details of the film's subject were kept from the public in order to minimize protests against the subject matter by abortion rights advocates.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: Unplanned
I was disappointed in this movie. I think the main story of the girl becoming an activist after working at Planned Parenthood was very well done, and it showed all the shades of grey in the abortion discussion. Where the movie falters is it’s black and white evil portrayal of the other workers at Planned Parenthood. While I am pro life, I do not believe showing abortion workers in this way will be successful at convincing anyone. All the goodwill they built up with the main story was pretty much lost with the scenes featuring her cartoonishly evil supervisor. Regardless of if this was based on a true story I don’t think it’s a story that will convince many. It wasn’t as bad as most Christian movies and was entertaining certainly. But it definitely won’t end the abortion debate.

B-

Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 pm
Wallflower

zwackerm wrote:
But it definitely won’t end the abortion debate.

It's only going to be anti-choicers that see it anyway so it's just preaching to the choir. Personally I'd rather not watch a one-sided propaganda movie about a liar.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:28 am
Hold the door!

Magic Mike wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
But it definitely won’t end the abortion debate.

It's only going to be anti-choicers that see it anyway so it's just preaching to the choir. Personally I'd rather not watch a one-sided propaganda movie about a liar.

That’s what I said in my review.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:33 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Too one sided and forgets to bring in the other side of the debate and let the viewer see both sides of the argument. It is well directed and decently acted but the emotional bits at the end do not connect well.

C-

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]