Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Audition 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Audition 
Keeping it Light

Post Audition

Quote:
Audition (オーディション Ōdishon) is a 1999 Japanese horror film based on the novel of the same name, directed by Takashi Miike. It is about a recent widower, Shigeharu Aoyama (Ryo Ishibashi), whose son suggests that he find a new wife. Aoyama agrees, and with a friend, stages a phony audition to meet a potential new partner in life. After interviewing several women, Aoyama becomes interested in Asami (Eihi Shiina), who responds well to him, although as they begin to date, her dark past begins to affect their relationship.

Audition was originally started by the Japanese company Omega Project, who wanted to make a horror film after the great financial success of their previous production Ring. To create the film, the company purchased the rights to Ryu Murakami's book Audition, and hired screenwriter Daisuke Tengan and director Miike to film an adaptation. The cast and crew consisted primarily of people Miike had worked with on previous projects, with the exception of Shiina, who had worked as a model prior to beginning a career in film. The film was shot in about three weeks in Tokyo.

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:49 am
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Audition
This is one of those films you wish you didn't see. I think at this point this marks #15, though I think I saw something after it to be the traditional 15.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:51 am
Gamaur's sex slave

Kiri kiri kiri.

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:05 am
On autopilot for the summer

They can honestly remake it with a guy playing Harvey Weinstein and it might be a massive hit.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:01 pm
The Kramer

A very very very slow burn leading to a very very very fucked up ending. I'm not sure how to grade this one. Like I was really bored and checking out during the middle, but that last scene will likely stick with me the rest of my life and it probably wouldn't have that affect without the glacial build-up. Was I supposed to feel bad for the main charcter? The audition was ultra creeper, but other than that he seemed like a pretty swell guy. And it's never clear whether she is doing this out of feminist revenge or whether she just goes crazy when men inevitably disappoint her. I think it comes down to one thing - she killed the dog. So fuck her crazy ass, though not literally cause there might be a trap inside.

Lessons learned:

-Dating outside your age range sounds fun but will have consequences
-Things that are too good to be true usually are
-Trusting your gut over a pile of contradicting evidence is not great for dating or governing
-Don't get attached to people you just met and know nothing about
-Don't be creepy and set up fake scenarios to meet women, even though this is done in cutesty ways during romcoms all the time (and its also kinda of the basis of Tinder)
-Certain wires are very effective at cutting off feet. The characters in Friday the 13th franchise could have used some of this.
-I've never liked needles and my once irrational fear has now been confirmed as very rational

Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:52 pm
Forum General

It's a good movie, but I will never get the hype for it. I remember seeing it a long time ago for the first time and enjoying it, but re-watching it again those first two acts are way too slow IMO. The payoff is kind of worth it though, but the story wasn't always that engaging to me and I found it hard to get invested or even feel sympathy for any of the characters in this unless were are not supposed to? I definitely didn't feel sorry for the crazy chick, especially after she killed the dog which made her death even more satisfying and I really appreciate the fact that the director didn't end this on a bleak note.

B-

Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]