Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 My Scientology Movie 

Rate this film:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

My Scientology Movie 
Keeping it Light

Post My Scientology Movie

Quote:
My Scientology Movie is a 2015 British documentary film about Scientology directed by John Dower, and written by and starring Louis Theroux. The film takes an unconventional approach to the subject matter, featuring young actors "auditioning" for parts playing high-profile Scientologists in scenes recreating accounts from ex-members about incidents involving senior church management. The Church of Scientology responded by putting the filmmakers under surveillance and denouncing the film.

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:55 am
now we know

Post Re: My Scientology Movie
Absolutely fascinating stuff. Not really a lot of stuff is shown, I guess because everything is so secretive unless you're on the inside. At first, I remained impartial. I am telling myself that everything I am hearing is from guys that bailed from the organisation, so I should just keep that in my head the whole time, but then as it goes on and on it is hard not to see the organisation in a negative light regardless of who's saying what. The way they keep contacting the production team through their lawyers for no reason at all. They are paranoid on levels that have never been seen before. Very odd. Also the overuse of abbreviations is incredibly annoying, and just looks like brainwashing.

I felt the documentary was pretty fair. It could have tried to explore all the "good" that the church says it does. But it did not negatively set up things to show the "religion" in a bad light. The "church" did that all by themselves by their crazy paranoia.

Also I wish it had a better ending. But then that's the risk with documentaries ... nothing is scripted, so you just get what you get and it's a wrap. Very interesting, though. I never knew half of what was shared.

A-

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]