Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Summer of 84 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Summer of 84 
Keeping it Light

Post Summer of 84

Quote:
Summer of 84 is a 2018 Canadian horror mystery film directed by François Simard, Anouk Whissell and Yoann-Karl Whissell. The film stars Graham Verchere, Judah Lewis, Caleb Emery, Cory Gruter-Andrew, Tiera Skovbye, and Rich Sommer. The film premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. It had a limited release in theatres in the US on August 10, 2018 by Gunpowder & Sky.

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:41 am
Forum General

Post Re: Summer of 84
A solid little retro 80's flick, but I have definitely seen better. Disturbia and the recent Super Dark Times are just a few that come straight to mind, but it's still a good film. I really liked the main kid and his chubby friend, but the other two in the group felt like they were just there, and I honestly wasn't really feeling the chemistry when they were all together. I also enjoyed the guy who played the killer, and thought what they did at the end was actually quite interesting as far as it not being your typical happy ending where the villain is either killed or taken to jail. It's riding on pure 80's nostalgia though, and so much of it felt like they were trying a little too hard to be similar to Stranger Things at times.

B

Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]