Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Eye for an Eye 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Eye for an Eye 
Keeping it Light

Post Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Eye for an Eye is a 1996 American psychological thriller film, directed by John Schlesinger and written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver. The film stars Sally Field, Kiefer Sutherland, Ed Harris, Beverly D'Angelo and Joe Mantegna. The story was adapted from Erika Holzer's novel of the same name. The film opened on January 12, 1996.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:15 am
now we know

I really liked this film. It was so enjoyable to see a proper, good old-fashioned 90s thriller, and especially one that I hadn't seen before. I've been seeing this film for 20 years, and never actually chose to watch it. Back in the 90s in the video rental shop, online here and there, on DVD sales, etc. So I'm over the moon I've now seen it, and it was very good. It reminded me of other 90s thrillers like The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and Double Jeopardy, and Schlesinger's own Pacific Heights, all of which I think are great movies too. It's shot in that way that only 90s movies were.

A white family living in middle-class suburbia. Sally Field, the perfect mother. Kiefer Sutherland, the perfect piece-of-shit villain. I've no idea how he changed his career from playing people like this to people like Jack Ryan. He's much more at home in these roles. Eye for an Eye has a great little twist too.

B+

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]