Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Escape Plan: The Extractors 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Escape Plan: The Extractors 
Keeping it Light

Post Escape Plan: The Extractors

Quote:
Escape Plan: The Extractors (formerly Escape Plan 3: Devil's Station) is an American action film directed by John Herzfeld. It is the sequel to Escape Plan (2013) and Escape Plan 2: Hades (2018). The film features Sylvester Stallone, Dave Bautista and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson reprising their roles from the previous films.

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:42 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Escape Plan: The Extractors
It's still a huge step down from the first film, but at least it's an upgrade over Hades. Not that it was easy, because it's often still bad, but it's just a bit more capable. Bit better shot, though definitely too under lit also, and I liked the Chinese guy in this more than the one in Hades. Both these last two Escape plans just feel a bit unhinged, the story doesn't flow well and things or scenes happen without build-up and end as abrupt. There's a bit of nice violent action and fights in it, nothing really spectacular, but bearable to watch. It's obviously DTV, but unfortunately it discredits that term really.
I guess it was Chinese involvement in the budget that made these being able to get made. Together with Backtrace, Stallone just made his 3 worst films in a span of 2 years, hope this phase has made him want to put these projects behind him now. At least it ultimately ends pleasant with a good credits song.

C-

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 am
Forum General

Post Re: Escape Plan: The Extractors
It's a bit better than Hades, but its still very much garbage. I'll admit that I did like some of the more violent bits towards the end and the the majority of the fights are actually really well shot, but it's so fucking dull just like the last one. Seriously, unless there was some kind of action sequence happening I found nothing in this movie involving or interesting. Stallone and Bautista are pretty much just there for an easy paycheck, and sleepwalk through the whole damn thing, but at least they were actually in it more than they were in Hades. I guess they only other positive thing I can say about it is that it was also kind of cool seeing Devon Sawa and Daniel Bernhadt as the villains mostly because I didn't know they were in it, but they were completely unmemorable and generic as hell anyways which honestly shouldn't have been much of a surprise considering how little effort was put into any of the characters in this movie. Hopefully, this is the last one though.

D+

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]