Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Batman Ninja 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Batman Ninja 
Keeping it Light

Post Batman Ninja

Quote:
Batman Ninja (ニンジャバットマン Ninja Battoman) is a 2018 Japanese animated period martial arts superhero film directed by Junpei Mizusaki and produced by Warner Bros., which features the DC Comics character Batman. Takashi Okazaki, the creator of Afro Samurai, is the character designer for the film.

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 pm
now we know

This has a perfect blend of Japanese anime and western comic icons. It's actually crazy. The final fight is awesome and the animation throughout is pretty damn good. But it's a huge shift from anything Batman you've seen before, and that's a hard leap to take, and also Batman is a waste of space here.

B-

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Batman Ninja
Wasn't a fan of this sadly which is a shame because the trailers looked good and I think it definitely had potential. The animation is nice and I liked how unique it looked, but I really didn't get much entertainment out of this movie. Maybe it's because I'm so familiar with the Americanized version of Batman, but it's not like I haven't enjoyed different interpretations of the character before and I am a pretty big fan of anime in general. To put it bluntly this just didn't feel like a Batman movie IMO, especially when it came to others characters in the universe.

I really hated this version of the Joker and making Gorilla Grodd the main villain was lame. That guy is a Flash villain for a reason and that's because he fits that universe and it's very obvious he just doesn't fit here. The rest of the villains they introduce felt like forced cameos honestly, although Bane's did get a laugh out of me for some reason. Also, the Voltron esque final battle was fucking ridiculous, but I'll admit that the giant Batman made out of actual bats was kind of cool.

D

Sun May 06, 2018 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]