Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Beyond Skyline 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Beyond Skyline 
Keeping it Light

Post Beyond Skyline

Quote:
Beyond Skyline is an 2017 American science fiction action thriller film directed by Liam O'Donnell and stars Frank Grillo, Bojana Novakovic, Iko Uwais, Callan Mulvey, Yayan Ruhian, Betty Gabriel and Antonio Fargas. It is the direct sequel to the 2010’s Skyline.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:45 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Beyond Skyline
A big improvement over the first film in every way. I got exactly what I wanted out of this what I should have gotten out of the first movie and that's characters you actually give a shit about kicking alien ass. I shouldn't even have to mention how much of a fan I am of Frank Grillo at this point, but the guy is just too fucking cool and that's no different here. Hell I even marked out for a bit when he and Iko Uwais had a fight scene. Sure the acting isn't the best and the CGI is dodgy at times, but for a moderately budgeted film it feels like a epic blockbuster which is more than what I can say for shit like Independence Day: Resurgence. As much as I liked the first half the second half is easily my favorite, because its balls to walls action and how can you not love seeing the guys from The Raid movies use martial arts on badass, practical alien soldiers.

B

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Beyond Skyline
I also enjoyed this way more than the first film even though my grade is closer because I liked the setup of first movie. Grillo is great in here and addition of Asian actors was a welcome surprise. The CGI feels a little worse than the first movie but the insides of alien ship were done very nicely. Having said that second half is where the movie excels not only with action but also the story.

C+

Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]