Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Babysitter (2017) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Babysitter (2017) 
Pure Phase

Post The Babysitter (2017)

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:10 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: The Babysitter (2017)
I thought this was a mixed bag. Parts of it are really fun. I thought Robbie Amell's character was best in show - he was hilarious as was the whole chase sequence. All of the other cult members have strong moments as well and the entire cast does seem to be having a good time. It's also pretty stylish for what it is. That being said, I wasn't terribly impressed by the two lead performers. Samara Weaving fell a bit flat for me even though she's gorgeous, and Judah Lewis's character was written more like an 8 or 9 year old than a 12 year old - some of the dialogue for his character was so dumb. I do think this deserved a theatrical release as it may have been a bit more fun on the big screen, but it's a decent enough time waster. B

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

I wasn't too sure about this going by the trailer, but it's actually a lot of fun. Samara Weaving deserves to be a star after this, because I thought she was fantastic. So much charisma and charm to her character that even when you find out she's the villain it's still hard not to like her. I liked the kid too, but it did feel like his character was suppose to be much younger than he was. I also kept wondering who the jock guy was and had no idea it was Robbie Amell. Holy shit does that guy nearly steal the show. Really, I enjoyed the whole ensemble they got here, including King Bach and Bella Thorne who looked pretty hot in this. The deaths are surprisingly brutal and gory as well which I loved.

B

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm
Wallflower

I loved it. Just a ton of fun. The main girl was great. As was Robbie Amell. Bella Thorne was even pretty funny. It deserved a theatrical release.

Damn there have been some horror/comedy gems lately. This, Happy Death Day, and Better Watch Out (though this is a bit less of a comedy than the other two).

8/10 (A-)

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 am
Extraordinary

I thought this had potential, it just fell flat half the time 'cause of the script. I thought the kid was quite good though.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Liked it but didn't love it. The main story is not that attractive and would have liked some flashbacks of the power these "kids" were trying to get. The chase scenes were also not upto the mark possibly because the script wanted to add unnecessary funny scenes. The deaths were really nice and gory but its the cast that really lifts the movie.

7/10

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]