Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Into the Night 

Rate This Film
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Into the Night 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Into the Night

Quote:
Into the Night is a 1985 American comedy-thriller film directed by John Landis, starring Jeff Goldblum and Michelle Pfeiffer. The film is notable for a large number of cameo appearances made by various filmmakers and directors, including Landis himself. The soundtrack features the songs "Into the Night", "In the Midnight Hour" and "Lucille", performed by B.B. King.

While making this picture, director Landis was still caught up in the controversy and legalities surrounding his previous release, Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983), during the filming of which a helicopter accident led to the deaths of actor Vic Morrow and two child actors.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:39 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Into the Night
Another gem from the Landis collection, one that I'm slowly but surely making my way through. I also see why Edgar Wright listed it as one of his favorites. It's a true genre bender. It lands as a dark romantic comedy thriller , but the movie itself is never confused as to what it is or where it is going next.

I've already made a whole thread about how much I liked Pfeiffer, but I'll again that she is a Babealiciois like I've never seen her before. Not just looks wise, but the little ways they make her more relatable. Goldblum is pretty good too. You get why he is going on this adventure, even when he has the opportunity to save his own skin.

I've still got Blues Brothers, Three Amigos, Spies Like Us and a few others to go. John Landis is a making a run for Flava'd's top 5 favorite directors.

A

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]