Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 I Am Wrath 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

I Am Wrath 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post I Am Wrath
I Am Wrath

Quote:
I Am Wrath is an American action thriller film directed by Chuck Russell and written by Yvan Gauthier and Paul Sloan. The film stars John Travolta, Christopher Meloni, Sam Trammell, Amanda Schull, Rebecca De Mornay and Luis Da Silva. Principal photography on the film began on March 9, 2015, in Columbus, Ohio.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: I Am Wrath
I am Wrath stars an excellent Travolta and with a very good part from Christopher Meloni as well. Unfortunately the film is very run-of-the-mill and doesn't have much going for it, as it's just a pretty basic revenge plot. Travolta carries the film to an acceptable level though, that I enjoyed enough for it's run time. It has its silly tropes, but also has it's moments that keep it light at times, preventing it to ever become a drag.

C+

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:30 am
now we know

Travolta strikes again! I liked this film. I am pretty sure the writer was playing Max Payne at the time he "thought up" the idea, but it's miles better than the 2008 film adaptation. Getting shot is like grazing your knee, when an incident breaks out you always have three-minutes before the cops come, and Armenians are not very nice people. These, as well as some awful acting, are just some of the ludicrous action-movie conventions on display here from Chuck Russell, the director of Eraser and the producer of Collateral, but nevertheless it is always a delight to see John Travolta perform (he clearly cares about every performance) and to see some John Wick-style gunfights. Travolta's late, albeit under-the-radar, action career is proving strong. If you're a Travolta fan, you'll love this movie. I am, so I would love to see an I Am Wrath 2 where he clears up the streets of Sao Paulo.

B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Glad you liked it ever more. If they're putting a decent budget on it (I Am Wrath 2 where he clears up the streets of Sao Paulo), this would be awesome.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:32 am
now we know

I mean, that was just a joke. I don't expect for one second that a sequel to a Travolta film will ever be made again. But I can dream. Haha.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:37 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

HIs DTV has been solid if unspectacular. This, Killing Season, and even the Forger are all pretty manage what they are suppose to do..

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]