Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Young Messiah 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Young Messiah 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Young Messiah
The Young Messiah

Quote:
The Young Messiah is a 2016 American biblical drama film directed by Cyrus Nowrasteh and co-written by Betsy Giffen Nowrasteh and Nowrasteh, based on the novel Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt by Anne Rice. The film stars Adam Greaves-Neal, Sean Bean, David Bradley, Lee Boardman, Jonathan Bailey, and David Burke. The film revolves around a fictional interpretation of a seven-year-old Jesus, who tries to discover the truth about his life when he returns to Nazareth from Egypt.

Nowrasteh acquired the film rights in 2011, and wrote the script along with his wife Betsy Giffen. Chris Columbus developed the film through his 1492 Pictures banner and helped the film financing by Ocean Blue Entertainment. FilmDistrict acquired the US distribution rights in 2013, which were later transferred to Focus Features in 2014. Filming began on September 15, 2014 in Matera and Rome, Italy.

Although the film was known throughout production as Christ the Lord, Focus Features announced on September 1, 2015 that it would now be called The Young Messiah. Nowrasteh said in a press release, "This new title better conveys how our film seeks to present a realistic portrait of Jesus as a child both grounded in faith and consistent with the adult Jesus revealed in the Bible."

The film was released on March 11, 2016 by Focus Features.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:26 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Young Messiah
This was a pain to sit through. I liked Risen MUCH more. The middle act in this while preaching is just plain old boring. The ending doesn't even try to explain itself. As an audience I already know that the titular character is going to survive but if you are going to show the struggles and danger to his early life at the least try to provide better motivation for the escape/release. I haven't read the books but I am really surprised this was made into movie, hopefully the book is not this dull. The emperor scenes are cringe worthy and he doesn't even look like one.

Grade : C+ (The plus is because of Sean Bean trying hard to elevate the material)

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:27 am
You must have big rats

Jack Sparrow wrote:
This was a pain to sit through.
Grade : C+

Ummmm

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I didn't want to give it an D or F because I may not be the right audience to judge it. I was fairly entertained with Risen which is why I went for this. It turned out to be too preachy which mostly went over my head though it could be fine for church followers.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]