Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Thinner 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Thinner 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Thinner
Thinner

Quote:
Thinner (marketed as Stephen King's Thinner) is a 1996 American body horror film directed by Tom Holland and written by Michael McDowell and Holland. The film is based on the Stephen King novel of the same name and stars Robert John Burke, Joe Mantegna, Lucinda Jenney, Michael Constantine, Kari Wührer and Bethany Joy Lenz.

The film screened alongside Michael Jackson's short film Michael Jackson's Ghosts in select theaters around the world.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Thinner
Overall. It's not awful, but not really suspenseful and the acting is weak throughout. The humor falls flat as well. Stands in the common weak round of King films, never read the book though so I ant say if the source material is better explored. Although the plot is different Drag Me To Hell does this kind of film much better

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:43 am
Keeping it Light

I was surprised to see the flak this film generally received online. I actually saw it a long time ago, but remember it quite fondly. Yes, it's somewhat a B-level production, but it's eerie that it kept me very interested throughout the whole film. Robert John Burke is plays the lead role really well too.

B

Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:34 am
Pure Phase

This movie terrified me as a child. ;) I cannot even exactly quantify why, but the old gypsy sent shivers down my spine.

I have caught it a few times on television over the years. It is not made with much panache, but Joe Mantegna delivers a fun performance, and the makeup F/X (from obese to gaunt/skeletal) are fairly convincing.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:38 pm
Defeats all expectations

It feels like a supernatural mystery movie made for TV. The story is too simple and the characters lack sophistication.

C+

Tue May 17, 2016 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]