Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Goosebumps 

What grade would you give this film?
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Goosebumps 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Goosebumps
Goosebumps

Quote:
Goosebumps is an upcoming 2015 American 3D live-action/computer-animated horror comedy film based on the children's book series of the same name by R. L. Stine. It was directed by Rob Letterman, and written by Darren Lemke from a story by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. The films stars Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, Amy Ryan, Ryan Lee, and Jillian Bell. Financed by Sony, LStar Capital and Village Roadshow Pictures, it was produced by Original Film and Scholastic Entertainment, and released on October 16, 2015 by Sony Pictures Entertainment under its Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation labels.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Post Re: Goosebumps
B+, very funny and entertaining ride. cast ensemble did a great job especially the comedic performances. Zero scares, but this is really a comedy instead of a horror film.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

nostalgic

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:21 am
Extraordinary

I didn't like it all that much.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:29 am
The Kramer

Goosebumps biggest problem is that male lead and female lead are both terrible and the movie drags whenever they're the only two on screen. Luckily this is only about 5 of the 100 minutes. The kid who plays champion and the adult actors are more than capable of carrying a scene with a wooden teenager.

Everything else is a delight. The CGI is mediocre, but each of the monsters have personality. I greatly looked forward to seeing how the next one would interact with the town. And the pacing keeps them coming at a great pace. Once the Goosebumps come out the movie races from one scene to the next. Yet it never feels overwhelming. There's always time to breathe, to let our characters grow for a minute before scaring them again. It not only made me nostalgic for Goosebumps, but for the Scooby-Doo movies I loved as a kid and the 80s fantasy I enjoyed later in life. I obviously wouldn't have gotten any of that when I read the books.

So a strong story, pace and editing more than make up for up Goosebumps shortcomings. I hope we get a sequel. The cliffhanger is great.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:05 pm
Wallflower

I thought Dylan Minnette was really good in the lead. I really liked the characters. This is such an enjoyable movie and I wish it would have done just a bit better at the Box Office because I would love to see a sequel. Just a really fun and funny family film.

8/10 (A-)

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:49 am
Forum General

Not the Goosebumps I might have wanted, but it's perfectly harmless family entertainment.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:20 pm
Hold the door!

Disappointing, but not all bad. The ideas are good, but the execution is a bit too formulaic, and the characters beyond R.L. Stine and the monsters don't register. The "twist" with the girl being the ghost is spoiled halfway through, and uninteresting considering her poor development. but the special effects are good for such a low budget, and the concept of monsters from books coming to life is impossible to screw up completely.

C

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]