Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Radio Flyer 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Radio Flyer 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Radio Flyer
Radio Flyer

Quote:
Radio Flyer is a 1992 drama-fantasy film from Columbia Pictures. It is a Stonebridge Entertainment Production in association with Donner/Shuler-Donner Productions (now known as simply The Donners' Company).

The film, directed by Richard Donner and, as uncredited, David Mickey Evans, is executive produced by David Mickey Evans and Michael Douglas; and stars Elijah Wood, Joseph Mazzello, Tom Hanks, Lorraine Bracco, Adam Baldwin, and Ben Johnson.

Filming locations included Novato, California, and Columbia Airport, California.

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Radio Flyer
I remember watching this film a lot as a kid. Missed a lot of the child abuse elements which are kind of creepy to me now. Basically two films at work, two brothers (In great performances by Wood and Mazello, who can see why they gave him Jurassic Park afterwards) dealing with a new home and an abusive step father. It's engaging and the cinematography how they never really showed the step father's face was also a nice touch. The other hand is about boys fantasy of escaping the clutches of the evil step father building a plane out of a radio flyer wagon. Also on it's own could have been a lot of fun. The two stories ultimately don't really mesh well together, especially if you take into account the silly happy ending could be complete bullshit based on Tom Hanks (Small role mostly serving as the film's narrator) questionary last couple of statements

Spoiler: show
It feels like the kid crashed and died, but Hank's character changed the ending to show how his brother escaped doing what he loved, etc. and whenever he loses hope he thinks of his brother still out there free, but that's just my opinion

It's a B for me overall. Uneven, but some very good child performances, and at times interesting and fun.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]