Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 13 Sins 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

13 Sins 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post 13 Sins
13 Sins

Quote:
13 Sins, also known as Angry Little God and 13: Game of Death, is the 2014 American horror remake of the 2006 Thai horror comedy/psychological thriller film 13 Beloved.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:33 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: 13 Sins
13 Sins

While the plot is illogical and makes no sense, I had a lot of fun with this film. The acting isn't great, and there is nothing technically impressive, but it's just great to watch and see the decisions being made (also whether you'd make the same ones). The ending is the most stupid thing ever. I mean, you have $5.7m and a cleared record, why would you shoot Ron Perlman and lose it all....just to somehow "put things right" in your mind or try and fix the world, or even to avenge the death of your mum, brother, and father. It still make no sense...they're already dead, you might as well take the millions and enjoy it with the love of your life and live happily ever after. Now, his family members and all the people he was responsible for killing, they all died for nothing, no gain at all.

For a low-budget thriller, it's well made and the story is interesting, that's all I expect.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

It is engaging for a while, albeit derivative of Saw and other films, but it lost me as the credulity-straining twists and ultra-gory deaths mounted. It just loses the plot. Cheap Thrills is a more interesting variation on this theme.

C

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:06 am
now we know

Yes, I really want to see Cheap Thrills. One thing about 13 Sins that doesn't make sense is how this age old secret organisation can somehow see everything that happens, then instantly (like, within less than 1 second) send a text message about it. But like I said above, it kept me interested.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]