Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Jodorowsky's Dune 

What grade would you give this film?
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Jodorowsky's Dune 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Jodorowsky's Dune
Jodorowsky's Dune

Quote:
Jodorowsky's Dune is a 2013 American documentary film directed by Frank Pavich. The film explores Chilean-French director Alejandro Jodorowsky's unsuccessful attempt to adapt and film Frank Herbert's 1965 science fiction novel Dune in the mid-1970s.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Jodorowsky's Dune
Jodorowsky's Dune is fantastico!!!

The 85 year old director of cult hit El Topo is on fire as he describes his Dune. What a pitch! In fact, it could be argued that he has already made the movie in the form of the enormous storyboard book he created with Mœbius (of Heavy Metal fame). Those interviewed in this movie who saw Jodorowsky use it to pitch the film in the 70's say that they felt that they had already seen it - - and in a way, the same can be said for viewer's of Jodorowsky's Dune.

Sadly his original mad vision starring David Carradine, Mick Jagger, Dali, and Orson Welles, featuring a Pink Floyd soundtrack, set and character design by H. R. Giger and Mœbius, and special effects by Dan O'Bannon will never be seen. However, hope remains in that Jodorowsky challenges animators to take the 3000 panels of storyboards and complete his film in the future.

I hope I live to see it.

21,175 out of 5.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 am
loyalfromlondon

trippy

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 pm
Superman: The Movie

It's fine. I'm not in love with it like everyone else seems to be - the documentary is pretty straightforward outside of Jodrowsky and the animated storyboards - but Jodorowsky's overwhelming enthusiasm forty years later at the age of 86 ultimately won me over. I'm not sure if I ever want to see one of his films (if I were to try, I might start with his most recent one, "The Dance of Reality"), and the film in question, though a beautiful piece of art in book form, seems like it would've been pure incomprehensible shit if it ever became a finished product, but his love of film is just addicting, even if the man himself seems a little...creepy (how he treated his son).

*** (B)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]