Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 F.I.S.T. 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

F.I.S.T. 
loyalfromlondon

Post F.I.S.T.
F.I.S.T.

Quote:
F.I.S.T. is a 1978 film directed by Norman Jewison and starring Sylvester Stallone. In this film, Stallone plays a Cleveland warehouse worker Johnny Kovak who becomes involved in the labor union leadership of the fictional "Federation of Inter State Truckers." He finds that he must sacrifice his principles as he moves up through the union and attempts to expand its influence. The movie is loosely based on the Teamsters union and their former President Jimmy Hoffa.

Many well-known actors and actresses appear in F.I.S.T., including Kevin Conway, Brian Dennehy, Rod Steiger, Melinda Dillon, Richard Herd and Peter Boyle.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:15 pm
now we know

Post Re: F.I.S.T.
F.I.S.T.

Sly puts in a fantastic performance here. He's a little under-skilled at only 31 years-old for a role like this, but he puts in a great effort which just shows that he can act very well and also shows that he could have carved out a career as a character actor if he so wished. I'm glad he didn't, though. Everyone else is fine, but the actor that really wows me is Rod Steiger, such a powerful speaker and I'm gripped when he's in the court room.

A truly underrated movie. People do not give this the time it deserves, probably because they are looking for failings in Sly's performance. A good tale and a good movie. Shame about the end - not that he does die, but the way he dies could have been better executed.

B+

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]