Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 10 Years 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

10 Years 
loyalfromlondon

Post 10 Years
10 Years

Quote:
10 Years is a romantic comedy drama film directed by Jamie Linden as his directorial debut. The film stars with an ensemble cast including Channing Tatum, Justin Long, Kate Mara, Chris Pratt, Scott Porter, Brian Geraghty, Anthony Mackie, Rosario Dawson, Oscar Isaac, Lynn Collins, Max Minghella, Kelly Noonan, Juliet Lopez and Jenna Dewan. The film will release on September 14, 2012 in selected theatres.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: 10 Years
Where did this movie come from?! In this year of Channing Tatum, the film that is actually receiving the most quiet release is actually his best. This movie was so successfully charming, sweet and authentic. I loved all the characters and the performances. Despite the sprawling ensemble, every actor gets a chance to shine - I especially loved a never-better Tatum (who has obviously fantastic chemistry with wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum in the film's central pairing), Oscar Isaac, Kate Mara, Ari Graynor and Lynn Collins (a scene of hers near the end made me tear up). This isn't to discredit any of the other performances though - I really thought everyone here was great. It deals with nostalgia and the notion of growing up in a much more subtle way than, say, American Reunion, and is a much better film for it. Everyone just felt so relaxed and it's clear that everyone involved with this project is close in real life. I really loved this movie and want to see it again. It is going to be one of the year's most underrated gems, for sure. It's a shame it isn't seeing a wide release - it's mostly a drama despite many cast members being known for their comedy skills, but still ends on a crowd-pleasing note that I'm sure audiences would have responded to. A-

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 am
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Re: 10 Years
Completely agree with thompsoncory. Its a low key reunion film but it feels so natural and authentic that it becomes a joy to watch.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]