Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Butter 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Butter 
loyalfromlondon

Post Butter
Butter

Quote:
Butter is an upcoming ensemble comedy film directed by Jim Field Smith, from a screenplay by Jason Micallef, starring Jennifer Garner, Ty Burrell, Olivia Wilde, Rob Corddry, Ashley Greene, Alicia Silverstone and Hugh Jackman. The film is said to be a satire of the 2008 Democratic Presidential primary. It is set to be released on October 5, 2012 in the United States and Canada by The Weinstein Company.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Re: Butter
When you think about a movie that revolves around butter carving, you know it'll be an odd ball film. Butter goes even further and manages to make one of the most random, yet hilarious films this year. Bob Pickler (Ty Burrell) has been the leading butter carver in Iowa for the past 15 years and has become quite the celebrity. He has been asked to step down from competing which eh is fine with but his trophy wife Laura (Jennifer Garner) won't have it and enters this year's competition. Her competition being Destiny (played by newcomer Yara Shahidi who does a great job), an orphan going from house to house but has now settled with new parents (Rob Corddry & Alicia Silverstone), Laura's #1 fan (Kristen Schaal), and a stripper named Brooke who hooked up with Bob one night and wants the rest of her money (Olivia Wilde). The antics are crazy in this movie including Laura hooking up with an old flame who is now a car salesman (Hugh Jackman), Brooke playing along with Bob and Laura's daughter Kaitlen's (Ashley Greene) lesbian fantasies to try and get the rest of the money, and many other crazy stunts. I do not how it will play to audiences when it gets a wide release later on but this was one comedy experience I will not forget. ***1/2

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

LOL what the HELL is that photo? :P

I'm dying to see this.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
LOL what the HELL is that photo? :P

That's what I was wondering.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:52 pm
loyalfromlondon

That's all I could find for a poster, and it made me laugh.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:21 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Absolutely hilarious and actually surprisingly poignant. Jennifer Garner was fantastic and gave probably her best performance to date, and I really thought the entire ensemble did great work here. It's part political satire, part competition film and part send-up of suburbia, and all three work equally well together thanks to the sharp writing. This is also an incredibly mainstream and accessible film - I have no idea what held up the release for so long. In addition to the marketable cast (aside from obvious A-listers Garner and Hugh Jackman, everyone here aside from the young lead is somewhat well-known), it plays as sort of Election meets Little Miss Sunshine. I hope it isn't completely forgotten and manages to do well for itself - I definitely want to watch it again and possibly see it theatrically when it is released in a month. A-

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]