Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Abduction 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Abduction 
loyalfromlondon

Post Abduction
Abduction

Quote:
Abduction is an American action thriller film, directed by John Singleton, starring Taylor Lautner, Lily Collins, Sigourney Weaver, Maria Bello, Jason Isaacs, Michael Nyqvist and Alfred Molina. The film is about a teenager who finds out that his parents are not really his when he sees his baby picture on a missing persons website. The film was released by Lionsgate on September 23, 2011.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 am
You must have big rats

Post Re: Abduction
Each film that has the villain threatening the protagonist with "I will kill all your friends on Facebook" should become an instant classic.

Funny movie.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Deshi Basara

Just watched this. My lasting impression is that some producer pulled some strings to get his 13 year old kid's screenplay green-lit. It truly does feel like it was written by an average kid of at most 16. And the whole production was incredibly amateur as well. It's all down hill after the first 10-15 minutes or so of a half-decent setup.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:33 pm
You must have big rats

There is a bomb in the oven.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

This movie was pretty bad, as was Lautner's acting. My friend and I had some good laughs while watching it though.

C-

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:01 pm
New Server, Same X

Proud Ryu wrote:
Just watched this. My lasting impression is that some producer pulled some strings to get his 13 year old kid's screenplay green-lit. It truly does feel like it was written by an average kid of at most 16. And the whole production was incredibly amateur as well. It's all down hill after the first 10-15 minutes or so of a half-decent setup.

Some producer also pulled the same strings to get his 13 year old kid to star in it as well.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm
Superman: The Movie

It's actually not as horrible as I was expecting it to be. However, who I did expect to be horrible was Lautner and holy shit is he ever. Every other word out of his mouth is delivered with some sort of whine that I can only describe as bone-chillingly grating. And he is completely unconvincing whenever he has to do some sort of athletic stunt. The fight on the train with him kicking and jumping and spinning in the air: he looks like an absolute moron. He doesn't work. Everyone else around him I didn't mind so much though.

** (C)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Abduction

Not a bad film. Sure most of the lines are cheesy, and the fights/action sequences are not great, but it was what it was and it was entertainment for 90mins. I don't see how he is so happy at the end after only seeing his parents die 24 hours ago, plus the exhaustion (which is nowehere to be seen) and the hurt leg from falling...he seems fine. Continuity was all over the place.

This film suffers from US film assumption #1, and that's that every CCTV camera in the country can be monitored by the CIA. That's simply not true. If it were true, then they would catch criminals within hours. Plus, Nathan travelled by train to different cities and places, yet this black ops team was there within minutes. Terrible film-making.

The start of the film was good, and Jason Isaacs and Sigourney Weaver were great. Bello was ok too. I recognise his real father's voice as the guy from Rachael Greene's office in Friends. Don't know his name though. As for Lautner, I think he should take a career up in sports or something, not acting, because he can't act very well and always plays the same attitude.

C+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]