Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Luftslottet som sprängdes [The Girl Who Kicked the...] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Luftslottet som sprängdes [The Girl Who Kicked the...] 
loyalfromlondon

Post Luftslottet som sprängdes [The Girl Who Kicked the...]
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Quote:
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Swedish: Luftslottet som sprängdes - The Air Castle That Exploded) is a 2009 Swedish thriller film directed by Daniel Alfredson. It is based on the bestselling novel of the same name by the late Swedish author and journalist Stieg Larsson, the third and final entry in his Millennium Trilogy.

Lisbeth Salander is hospitalized after the meeting with her father, and later put on trial. Mikael Blomkvist takes on the task of proving she is innocent as he continues to uncover the reasons why Lisbeth has been treated so harshly by the Swedish authorities.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:40 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Luftslottet som sprängdes [The Girl Who Kicked the...]
I'm not going to waste my time going to see The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.

...and this is coming from someone who absolutely loved The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - - it's on my 2010 top ten list, it's one of the few movies I bothered to see twice this year, it's a fantastic film.

Unfortunately though, it was followed up by a The Girl Who Played With Fire, a movie so bad that it retroactively sucked some of the enjoyment out of my experience with the first film. It's easily on my 2010 worst ten list.

Therefore, since I do not wish to have my memory of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo tainted any further, I am simply not going to spend 148 minutes on the third film in this so-called "series". Nope. From now on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is a singular masterpiece as far as I am concerned. A standalone magnum opus. A gem.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm
loyalfromlondon

Please do not spam the thread with non-reviews.

Same.

Algren wrote:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:52 pm
Where will you be?

What, so you're not allowed to post in this forum without having already seen the movie? If so, I have a few hundred cases of this particular crime to report to you and the other mods. At least bradley explained why he isn't going to see the movie, rather than a snarky put down or worse, "This movie looks horrible." I'll take a bradley non-review over almost any other poster's non-review (well, maybe not over BKB at his most inspired, but only if he doesn't repeat the non-review ad nauseum).

Go find someone else to pick on.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:27 pm
Where will you be?

If you are looking for something to enforce, you could delete all the spam non-threads in the DVD forum.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:35 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
That MovieDude character is priceless. Whoever invented it should receive a blowjob from Dr. Lecter.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Us v Them

Argos wrote:
That MovieDude character is priceless. Whoever invented it should receive a blowjob from Dr. Lecter.

moviedude = bradley's double account YO

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:59 pm
Where will you be?

Argos wrote:

Argos is a pretty good character too.

And no, I'm not bradley's double account, I just don't think someone should be crucified for making more of an effort to keep this place lively.

Uh oh, this makes seven posts in the thread without one single review!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:01 pm
loyalfromlondon

MovieDude wrote:
If you are looking for something to enforce, you could delete all the spam non-threads in the DVD forum.

I do not have moderating powers in the DVD forum.

Obviously you've never heard of sarcasm, MovieDude. I was merely teasing bradley for his non-stop whining to the mods about deleting off-topic posts in review threads.

Same.

Algren wrote:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:02 pm
Where will you be?

It's really hard to detect sarcasm when all one has is words. There's no body language or facial expression for me to know that you wee teasing bradley over something I wasn't aware of in the first place.

Hugs all around? Nope, nevermind, we're on a message board!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:18 pm
Z

MovieDude wrote:
Argos wrote:

Thank you. All the better: he is real.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

Argos wrote:
MovieDude wrote:
Argos wrote:

Thank you. All the better: he is real.

No matter how we came upon our funny little names, we're only as real as text on a computer screen. I'm not the only poster to have proven that.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:34 pm
Z

I stand by my former judgement: that you are a serious, perhaps aggressive, version of Monsieur Marin.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Fuck off, all of you - - oh, except for MovieDude - - I love you.

:censored:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 am
Wallflower

This thread needs some serious cleaning up.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:19 pm
Us v Them

<3 this thread! keep going, guys!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Wallflower

THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST - 8/10 (B+)

A satisfying conclusion to the series. My only complaint is that I wish it wasn't over.

Mine is the only "review" in this thread. ;)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 am
Extraordinary

Mike wrote:
A satisfying conclusion to the series.

You call that a review?!?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 am
Deshi Basara

I liked the film a lot but I didn't love it. It was a satisfying and satisfactory conclusion but I was kind of hoping for awesome. At least it wasn't an outright disappointment. There were a handful of pretty special moments, such as the courtroom entrance. It would have worked better as a middle entry to a longer franchise.

I would have to say I liked the first film the best. It held nothing back and opened up this big can of worms, and then the following two films pulled back the reigns a little too much. Unfortunately I seriously doubt the Hollywood remakes will improve upon any of the films, but there is room for opportunity to do so.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 am
Wallflower

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
Mike wrote:
A satisfying conclusion to the series.

You call that a review?!?

Which is why I used the "". It's not a review per-se, but I was the only person posting to have actually seen it.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 pm
Wallflower

Proud Ryu wrote:
I liked the film a lot but I didn't love it. It was a satisfying and satisfactory conclusion but I was kind of hoping for awesome. At least it wasn't an outright disappointment. There were a handful of pretty special moments, such as the courtroom entrance. It would have worked better as a middle entry to a longer franchise.

I would have to say I liked the first film the best. It held nothing back and opened up this big can of worms, and then the following two films pulled back the reigns a little too much. Unfortunately I seriously doubt the Hollywood remakes will improve upon any of the films, but there is room for opportunity to do so.

I certainly wish it weren't the last one. I will say I was a little disappointed by the ending being that this was the last one. Was hoping they'd actually touch upon the relationship between Mikael and Lisbeth more. Was also disappointed that after the first movie they barely shared any scenes together.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Mike wrote:
Proud Ryu wrote:

I certainly wish it weren't the last one. I will say I was a little disappointed by the ending being that this was the last one. Was hoping they'd actually touch upon the relationship between Mikael and Lisbeth more. Was also disappointed that after the first movie they barely shared any scenes together.

Well I haven't read the last two books yet, but the third was never intend to be the last book. Apparently Larsson was in the middle of a fourth before he died.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Mike wrote:
Proud Ryu wrote:

Well she always was a loner, and only connected with others, when needed, in the 1st two movies.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:34 am
Wallflower

jmovies wrote:
Mike wrote:
Proud Ryu wrote:

Well I haven't read the last two books yet, but the third was never intend to be the last book. Apparently Larsson was in the middle of a fourth before he died.

Yeah, it definitely didn't feel like it would be the end of this story. Too bad he died before he could finish the fourth. I wish his family would just let his partner finish it, since according to her they worked on the books together. Not sure if she's telling the truth, but if someone could finish the fourth I'd be happy ;).

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 pm
Extraordinary

Mike wrote:
jmovies wrote:
Mike wrote:
Proud Ryu wrote:

Yeah, it definitely didn't feel like it would be the end of this story. Too bad he died before he could finish the fourth. I wish his family would just let his partner finish it, since according to her they worked on the books together. Not sure if she's telling the truth, but if someone could finish the fourth I'd be happy ;).

Outlines for the fifth and sixth books are also believed to exist on Larsson's computer - - he intended the series to have ten books in total.

Quote:
"At the moment, film producers have rights to only the three published novels. A new contract could conceivably liberate Blomkvist and Salander from books altogether and allow them, like James Bond, to go on having movie adventures indefinitely."
- via

We may never see the end of this! :shocked:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next