Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Trucker 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Trucker 
You must have big rats

Post Trucker
Trucker

Quote:
Trucker a 2008 dramatic independent film by Plum Pictures. It was written and directed by James Mottern, and produced by Scott Hanson, Galt Niederhoffer, Celine Rattray and Daniela Taplin Lundberg.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Post Re: Trucker
Watching this right now. 52 minutes in, pretty gosh darn boring.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:41 pm
Wallflower

We've seen this basic type of story before, but I like movies about strong, flawed women so it really didn't bother me. Michelle Monaghan gives the best performance of her career yet and it's worth seeing for her alone, but it's also a very solid human drama. Nothing amazing or groundbreaking, but I personally liked it a lot. Had this been released by a bit bigger company Monaghan would have pretty much been a shoe-in for a Best Actress nomination.

I'd give it an 8/10 (B+), possibly a strong 7/10 ( B ).

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

Trucker is filled with many of the usual pieces seen in the drama of its sort. Kid comes, parent is frustrated,a bond begins to form, and so on. It's the strong performances within that help make it noticeable in the pack. Michelle Monaghan adds in the anger, frustration, and heart needed for her type of character and its obvious that she added a bit of her own formula in to stand out. Up and coming child star Jimmy Bennent also makes a noticeble appearance. Though he has been seen in supporting roles such as in Orphan and Star Trek, he actually deals with the many situations Peter potrays and does it without breaking a sweat and its a bit suprising with his age. The plot is very basic though it does have heart to it and thus the film works. **1/2

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]