Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anatomie [Anatomy] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Anatomie [Anatomy] 

Post Anatomie [Anatomy]
Anatomy

Quote:
Anatomy (German: Anatomie) is a 2000 German horror film written and directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky that stars Franka Potente. A sequel, Anatomy 2 (Anatomie 2) was released in 2003. The film enjoyed a huge box office success in Germany, and Columbia Pictures released the film's English-dubbed version in the United States theatrically.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Anatomie [Anatomy]
I loved it myself.

8/10 (A-)

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:13 am
You must have big rats

Post Re: Anatomie [Anatomy]
B+

Anatomy is the best thing Germany has achieved in the horror genre over the past 20 years or so. Of course it doesn't have that much to compete with in first place.

First seen as a typical Scream knock-off, the film is actually a lot better than just that. Of course it does follow a lot of the typical slasher films' conventions and can't avoid some of its pitfalls either (the main survivor is obvious right away and it isn't hard to guess the killer either). It does take some of them, though, and turns them on their head. For instance the blond bombshell isn't just a stupid sexpot waiting to die. She's the smartest student in her entire year.

Then there's a great visual style to the film. Ruzowitzky has a good eye for that and the medical settings are of great benefit here. Franka Potente is a pretty good "scream queen" here, doing pretty much all that is expected of a role like hers and I liked that the whole thing was not just a mad killer, but that there's a bigger story behind all what has happened. That distinguishes this film from the likes of I Know What You Did Last Summer or Urban Legend. Definitely worth checking out.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]