Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Management 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Management 
You must have big rats

Post Management
Management

Quote:
Management is a 2009 romantic comedy-drama directed by Stephen Belber and starring Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn. It premiered at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival and received a limited theatrical release on May 15, 2009.

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Management
This was decent. Nothing special, but not bad. The ending was sweet.

6/10 (B-)

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:06 am
You must have big rats

C-

Absolutely generic and utterly forgettable stuff. It's not long ago that I have seen it and I can't remember any of the specifics other that it had a few cute moments, but was mostly rather dull. Aniston and Zahn had no chemistry whatsoever and were sleepwalking through the entire film.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Management

I had seen this film on the website that I visit to watch movies for a long time, and I was always going to watch it, but each time I seemed to find another one to watch before it. Well, today I plumped for Management. Before watching it, and in the weeks when I didn't choose it, I always thought it would be one of those everyday comedies, you know the sort? Usually starring Jason Bateman or Paul Rudd or Jennifer Aniston and are filled with very easy storylines, bright suburbia and nice families. Well, to my surprise this wasn't an everyday comedy at all. This was a sweet story, low on comedy, about a man that took a chance, and as stupid as it may have seemed at the time, it paid off.

Steve Zahn and Jennifer Aniston played their parts very well, especially Aniston, who I just expected to see in those types of everyday comedies that I outlined before. But here she was actually acting. Is it me or is her face puffy and bloated in this? She looked very similar to Renee Zellweger in the first 30 minutes of the movie. I suppose they made her look more dowdy than she actually is to make it seem realistic that she would fall for a chump like Zahn.

The ending didn't quite work for me, but I suppose Hollywood is still too afraid to have a realistic ending to a realistic beginning and middle. It was just too cosy and rushed for me. Things don't always work out perfectly like that, but for Mike they did, and I would have just preferred to see him not get the girl because sometimes life's a bitch and by him not getting the girl it would have also tied in with the monk's advice to just "move on". He could have still made his motel into a night shelter, and that would have been a just ending. So, apart from the ending (although the ending they filmed was ok), it was a good movie.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]