Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 598 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 The 'Amazing Race 7' Thread 
Post The 'Amazing Race 7' Thread
March 1st

THE TEAMS

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/brian/

Brian & Greg are brothers from Santa Monica, California. Brian is an actor/bartender and Greg is a bouncer. Their primary motivation for participating in the Race is to travel the world with each other and meet new people.
Brian, the older of the two, graduated from Central Missouri State before moving to Los Angeles. Brian is at heart a competitor whose greatest accomplishment in life was starting every basketball game his high school varsity season after being cut the prior two seasons.

Greg graduated from Auburn University with a B.S. in Radio, Television and Film. In addition to earning his degree, Greg also saw playing time as a walk-on football player at Auburn. Competitive like his brother, Greg’s favorite hobbies are playing basketball with his brother, tennis and horseback riding.
These two brothers are confident and ready to compete. Despite their limited traveling experience and knowledge of the Race, they’re ready for the adventure of their lives.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/debbie/

Debbie & Bianca are best friends from Los Angeles, California and Woodbridge, Virginia, respectively. Bianca is a high school teacher and Debbie works as a photographer. Their primary motivation for participating in the Race is to travel the world with each other and put their combined traveling skills to the test.

Bianca graduated from James Madison University with a B.A. in International Affairs and Spanish Art History. She currently works as a high school teacher and claims to be a prude in comparison to her teammate. Bianca’s favorite hobbies are traveling, reading and going out with friends.

Debbie, who graduated summa cum laude from The College of William and Mary in under three years, is currently a freelance photographer in Los Angeles. A wild child at heart, she once worked as a stripper for a month. Debbie enjoys going to art museums, surfing and reading classic literature.

These best friends are well traveled, and both have lived abroad throughout their lives. They feel their years of traveling has prepared them for this moment, and they are ready to race.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/lynn/

Lynn & Alex are a gay couple from West Hollywood, California. Lynn & Alex both work as executive assistants. With their four-year anniversary on the horizon, they signed up for the Race as a means to test the strength of their relationship.

Lynn is well traveled and lived abroad in Germany before settling down in Los Angeles. He and Alex met at a club four years ago and have been together ever since. An additional motivation for Lynn’s participation in the Race is to possibly get married in Amsterdam.

Alex has not informed his father about his sexual orientation, but he has introduced Lynn to his family. Like Lynn, he is also well traveled. Alex describes himself as personable and calculating, but admits he is bad at dealing with stress. Alex describes Lynn as smart but extremely lazy.

Lynn & Alex are both looking to find out what the future holds for their relationship and to see whether it will hold up under the stress of the Race.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/megan/

Megan & Heidi are roommates from Oak Park, California. Megan works as a fashion designer and Heidi is a full-time mother. Both are extremely competitive and not afraid to take risks. These California beauties decided to sign up for the Race just for the challenge and competition.

Heidi grew up in Flint, Michigan, with several stops along the way before she landed in Los Angeles. She is a licensed makeup artist, but works as a full-time mother for her proudest accomplishment, her daughter. Heidi describes herself as athletic, playful and feisty and has specific plans for her prize money if they win the Race.

Megan grew up all around California before settling in Los Angeles. She works as a fashion designer and enjoys drawing, sewing and painting. Megan has never traveled outside the United States and has an extreme phobia of flying. Another motivation for Megan’s participation in the Race is to face that fear and put it behind her.
Despite their limited traveling experience, Megan & Heidi are convinced they can rely on each other and on their competitive spirit to outperform the other racers.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/meredith/

Meredith & Gretchen are a husband/wife team from Easton, Maryland. Meredith is a retired executive and Gretchen is a retired nurse/flight attendant. Both found love late in their lives, and they are spending every moment making up for lost time. Their inspiration for participating in the Race is strictly for the adventure and the challenge of traveling around the world.

Meredith is a retired executive who spends his time fishing, biking, playing golf and teaching swimming. Father of three sons, Meredith is an avid swimmer who holds seven National Masters Swimming Championship titles. Meredith describes himself as competitive, articulate and compassionate.

Gretchen is a retired flight attendant and registered nurse. Mother of two, Gretchen spends most of her time cooking, biking, gardening and golfing. Gretchen describes herself as outgoing, reliable and kind, and she admits to being quite loud, particularly when she’s upset.
Both are big fans of the show, and while watching one evening, they said to each other, “We could do that. Let’s try.”

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/ray/

Ray & Deana are a dating team from Canfield, Ohio and Youngstown, Ohio respectively. Ray is a stockbroker and Deana is a marketing and promotions executive. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to put their on-again/off-again relationship to the test and see how they fare.

Ray, who is 17 years older than Deana, has worked as a stockbroker for 18 years. A former college and semi-professional football player, Ray describes himself as cocky and admits that he’s never wrong about anything. He enjoys weightlifting, singing and karate.

Deana is admittedly just as determined and competitive as her teammate. She grew up camping in the backwoods of Ohio and has never traveled outside the United States. Deana’s favorite hobbies include lifting weights, karate, hunting and fishing.

Both admit they are looking for some answers to what the future holds for their relationship and are hoping the Race will provide some.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/rob/

Rob & Amber are an engaged couple from Canton, Massachusetts and Beaver, Pennsylvania, respectively. They had an alliance together and fell in love when they competed with each other on “Survivor: All Stars.” Amber won the one million dollar prize, and Rob finished as the runner-up. During the live finale of the show in May 2004, before the outcome was even announced, Rob proposed to Amber, while she wore a t-shirt with the inscription, “I Love Rob!”
Prior to “Survivor: All Stars,” Rob competed on “Survivor: Marquesas,” the fourth installment of the series, where he was the seventh voted off. Amber previously competed on “Survivor: The Australian Outback,” the second installment of the series, where she was eleventh voted off, but was a part of the jury to decide the winner. Before their lives on SURVIVOR, Rob worked as a construction foreman and Amber as an administrative assistant.

Both of them are excited to participate in the Race, as they have been fans of the show for some time. They hope their competitive natures, which helped them compete on SURVIVOR, will propel them through to win THE AMAZING RACE.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/ron/

Ron & Kelly are a dating Team from Villa Rica, Georgia and Greenville, South Carolina, respectively. Ron is a former Iraq War POW who is currently a student at the University of Georgia and works as a motivational speaker. Kelly was crowned Miss South Carolina in 2002 and works as a Legislative Correspondent. Their primary motivation for participating in the Race is strictly for the adventure.

Ron grew up in Lithia Springs, Georgia. A fan of the movie “Top Gun,” Ron became a pilot after joining the Army and started flying Apache helicopters. When Ron’s helicopter was shot down in Iraq, he was captured, interrogated, held captive and later rescued by the United States Marines. Following his rescue, Ron returned home and was introduced to the reigning Miss South Carolina. The two have been an item ever since. Ron is very competitive and admits he’s a thrill seeker. He currently works as a motivational speaker.

Kelly’s determination has always been a part of her life. After growing up with a learning disability, she graduated cum laude from North Greenville College. After being crowned Miss South Carolina, she went on to compete in the Miss America pageant. Kelly describes herself as well-rounded and persistent.

This couple has been on quite a roller coaster ride over the past few years, and they’re not showing any signs of slowing down. They’re ready for a new adventure.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/ryan/

Ryan & Chuck are lifelong friends from Landrum, South Carolina and Inman, South Carolina, respectively. Ryan is a general contractor, and Chuck works in boiler tube replacement sales. Their motivation for participating in this Race is to travel the world together.
Ryan is married with one son. He works as a general contractor and is very religious. Ryan enjoys riding motorcycles with his best friend Chuck and herding sheep with his dog Blue. An avid motorcyclist, Ryan once built his own motorcycle, then rode from South Carolina to Texas and back.

Chuck is still single, much to Ryan’s dismay. He is also very religious and spends much of his time working with the youth at his church. Chuck is well traveled and speaks fluent Portuguese. His favorite hobbies include riding his motorcycle with Ryan and playing bass guitar.

Although their southern drawls sometimes fool people, make no mistake: Ryan & Chuck are very smart and are ready to play the game.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/susan/

Susan & Patrick are the first mother/son Team in the history of THE AMAZING RACE. Susan is from Hamilton, Ohio and Patrick lives in Hollywood, California. Susan is the Director for Judicial Affairs for Miami University in Ohio and Patrick is a writer. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to see the world with each other and have stories to share for the rest of their lives.

Susan has been married to Patrick’s father for 34 years and also has a daughter, Elizabeth. She earned her college degree as a “non-traditional” student, since she was a mother at the time. She enjoys shopping, gardening and traveling and describes herself as stylish, demanding and prepared.

Patrick says he is extremely close with this family, and they’ve always been very supportive of him, including when he told them he was gay. However, his mother disagreed with his decision to drop out of college (Miami U) 30 credits shy of his degree. Patrick describes himself as Machiavellian and strategic.

Both are avid fans of the show and watch it religiously. As Susan tells it, “We want to play! He is the competitive one, and we are the perfect Team!”

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/teams/uchenna/

Uchenna & Joyce are a married Team from Houston, Texas, who are going through an extremely challenging period in their lives. Both worked for now-bankrupt companies that experienced highly publicized accounting scandals: Uchenna worked for Enron and Joyce worked for WorldCom. Uchenna and Joyce’s primary motivation for participating in the Race is to regain some of the closeness they’ve lost during these trying times.

Uchenna grew up in Los Angeles and now works as an energy broker in Houston. Uchenna and his wife have been through some challenging financial and emotional times as of late. After several failed attempts to get pregnant, they tried in-vitro fertilization, but it was unsuccessful. Uchenna describes himself as competitive and extroverted, and he enjoys basketball, scuba diving and horseback riding.

Joyce was born in Mississippi and raised in San Diego, California. Following her own layoff from WorldCom, Joyce now works in sales in Houston. Joyce and Uchenna desperately want children, and their numerous failed attempts has caused tension within their relationship.
Both are adventurous and ready to compete. Both have hinted that if they won the Race they would use the prize money for additional in-vitro fertilization procedures.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:34 pm
Debbie and Bianca will either soar or fail to impress. Same for Lynn and Alex.

Interesting lot, only one actor and one beauty queen this year.

Must have been a shortage.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:45 pm
New Server, Same X

I hate to say it, but I've never been able to get completely hooked to Amazing Race. I watch the first few shows, and forget completely. And it's sad, because the show is amazingly good. Rob and Amber will be my best reason to tune in this year.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:46 pm
problem?

I'm the same way as Mr. X. I watched the beginning of the game because I just lose interest. Hopefully this next season keeps my attention.

Oh, and go Rob and Amber! GET ANOTHER MILLION!

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:17 pm

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:52 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

There's like 4 gay guys this season. Making up for the apst two seasons? :P (Look at Greg :wink:)

Best Actress 2008

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Rob and Amber will be the next Collin and Jonathan

Rob is sooooooooo cocky and loves to be the leader, and im going to hate that!!
and obviously everyone would hate them, because they already have 1 million dollars!

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:59 pm
:-k B.S. in film, likes tennis, and horseback riding. I think you're right Rod. :razz:

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:00 pm
life begins now

Has there ever been a mother and son team? I can't remember one...

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:07 pm
Profile YIM
Has there ever been a mother and son team? I can't remember one...

No, first one ever.

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:08 pm
Teh Mexican

just mother/Daughter, Father/Daughter, Father/Son

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:13 pm
Cream of the Crop

TV Guide lists the premiere on March 1st as two hours in length. So yay for that.
There is also reports of the first season of The Amazing Race coming to DVD on June 7th. I don't remember much of that season so I will be sure to pick it up...if that report is accurate.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Reminder: The two-hour season premiere is tomorrow night (Tuesday, March 1) from 9-11 PM EST!

Watch! Please!

Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:10 pm
Sbil

Speaking of my begging request for everyone to watch this tonight:

Who is actually planning to? Heh.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:20 pm
Cream of the Crop

I'm definitely watching and as always I will immediately root for the older couple. Go Meredith and Gretchen!

Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
I've watched since day one of season one.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:17 pm
Teh Mexican

Same as Loyal, ill been watching AR since the first season :smile:

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:30 pm
Cream of the Crop

I could do without Rob and Amber discussing how this is or isn't like Survivor every 30 seconds, and same deal with the POW. Lima looks like Downtown Baghdad, small world.

Every season I notice an increase in the chatter of alliances and their strategies for messing with other teams. What's wrong with just running the race? Kris and Jon did that fine last year. And although Susan/Patrick and Debbie/Bianca worked really well together they were still too intense with their Rob and Amber hate for my liking. Rob and Amber I enjoyed watching, sans Survivor chatter. They seem to have a lot of fun while running the race, even if all the other teams hate them for having already won a million dollars + 100K.

I still don't understand why so many teams didn't bother checking the other time for the sand pile. To hell with being thorough, lets just dig in the first pile we come to. One of the sisters gave Ron conflicting advice and now she can't be trusted. She did say there were two times, 7 and 7.40 - so why didn't they try the other pile when they saw that they were searching through the 7.40 pile?

Not too heartbroken over the elimination tonight. Takes me a bit to care deeply about these teams. Still liking Gretchen/Meredith but I don't see them going far, other than that... I think I can grow to like Susan/Patrick, Uchenna and Joyce and maybe Debbie/Bianca and Lynn/Alex. Already strongly dislike Deana and Ray, they remind me too much of Jonathan and Victoria for my liking.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Right now?

Agh.

Best Actress 2008

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

so far...i hate Rob, i dont know why :???: ......
and i hated when they put on the background traditional spanish music in PERU!!.......i hate that they so ignorant and they dont know the culture of each country, like one time i was watching in an american channel they passed a commercial selling mexican style beans, and the woman is dancing flamenco and saying "ole ole" :mad: ......anywho i still hate Rob :smile: ......

Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:46 am
Great start. This season should be very interesting to watch.

The Good

Rob & Amber - I came into the race expecting to hate them. But his Boston charm won me over. And yeah, it seems like they're there to have fun. Plus, all the other teams hate them which makes me want to see them win against all odds. From last to third in a single leg, and they're smart enough to know llamas are no good, evil creatures.

Debbie & Bianca - Started out as my "wow" team. Once the stress fractures started to show, I knew otherwise. If they manage to keep showing their travel expertise, they may become my "wow" team again. Everyone can speak Spanish.

Ryan & Chuck - I was floored to see Chuck speak Portuguese. I'm so racist. I do think they just need to get married, there's some untapped love there. Running with the rickshaw and almost getting killed while on the zipline, I was sad to see them lose to such assclowns. They seemed exciting.

Uchenna & Joyce - They have the most heartwarming story which made me want to see them go far. But their game skills aren't very good.

The Bad

Susan & Patrick - My least favorite team. Does Patrick need to spread his business to every single person? Their comments about Rob and Amber would be funnier if not for the fact that Susan and Patrick are parasites. They latched onto Debbie and Bianca since they don't have any skills of their own.

Lynn & Alex - My second least favorite team. Too flamming for my taste. They aren't very funny either nor skilled. Bring back respectable homosexuals like Chip and Reichen. Or even team Guido.

Ron & Kelly - You were shot down. Boo, fuckin' hoo. Really Ron, who gives a flying fuck. And she's one of the ugliest beauty queens, both inside and out, I've ever seen. One of the worst teams in recent memory. They need to go back to obscurity.

Ray & Deana - Deana makes me want to see them lose. I can't stand to see wimpy white women cry. Go home already.

The Ugly

Brian & Greg - Very boring.

Megan & Heidi - Very boring.

Meredith & Gretchen - What's with old people tripping?

Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:25 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

God is he a witty man. :wink:

Favorties based on Yesterday: Unchenna & Joyce, Debbie & Bianca, Susan & Patrick.I kinda started liking Megan & Heidi during the last 10 minutes or so...but didn't really notice they were int he race before that. Hehe.

Best Actress 2008

Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Rob and Amber are my favorite team. They are very likable to me, and there's just something about them....

I didn't want to see Ryan and Chuck go, I was hoping for two blondes who got 3rd from last to lose.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:46 pm
Sbil

Like them in some form or another:
Rob and Amber (I always have! Hee)
Susan and Patrick
Lynn and Alex
Meredith and Gretchen
Uchenna and Joyce

Can't really tell yet
Ray and Deana
Brian and Greg
Debbie and Bianca
Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly

Couldn't really tell, looked interesting, but are gone anyway
Ryan and Chuck

Basically, there's not one team I actively dislike (although that might change with the Blondies, who should be slapped for being that stupid when it came to that "dig the flight" thing).

Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:59 pm
problem?

I really like Rob and Amber, and because all the other teams hate them and want them to lose, I want Rob and Amber to own them all and win this thing. I'm really glad they started last and ended third. If it hadn't been for that traffic jam/broke-down van, they would have been first.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 598 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next