Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Die Welle [The Wave] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Die Welle [The Wave] 

Post Die Welle [The Wave]
The Wave

Quote:
The Wave (original: Die Welle) is a German film based on the book The Wave which was inspired by the social experiment The Third Wave. The remake was quite successful in German cinemas, and after 10 weeks 2.3 million people had watched the film. The film was directed by Dennis Gansel and produced by German producer Christian Becker with his Rat Pack Filmproduktion - it starred Jürgen Vogel, Max Riemelt, Jennifer Ulrich, Jacob Matschenz and Frederick Lau.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:23 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

The movie is the German adaptation of the book of the same name and is about an experiment a teacher initiated with a class in high school to show that dictatorship and autocracy are still possible nowadays.

I have always liked the book and the trailers to this film looked quite promising. At the end, I was only slightly disappointed and I can imagine people liking this more than I did. For one, I thought that changing the ending from the book wasn't such a good idea, especially since the new ending in the movie goes a bit too over the top, trying too hard to make a point.

For another, I wasn't a fan of everyone's acting in the film. There were some solid performances among the kids in the film, but for each good one, there was also a mediocre/bad one. That said, ther was a ton of good stuff here too. Jurgen Vogel did a very good leading job here, some ideas were very well-translated to the film and it helped to identify oneself with some of the stuff the characters are doing in this film. It was pretty fascinating...just very flawd and somewhat clichéd in spots.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Us v Them

Post Re: Die Welle [The Wave]
I just want to see this because of Jürgen Vogel. Oh and I like the story.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]