Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Mission to Mars 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Mission to Mars 
College Boy Z

Post Mission to Mars
Mission to Mars

Quote:
Mission to Mars is a 2000 science fiction movie directed by Brian De Palma about a rescue mission to Mars following a disaster during the first manned voyage to the planet. The film was partially inspired by the Disney Attraction of the same name, making it Disney's second film based on an attraction at one of its theme parks, following Tower of Terror (1997).

Very dissapointing movie. From the trailers, it looked to be great. However, it was quite bad. I had high hopes. :-(

C-

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:55 pm
Extraordinary

This was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I'm a big Mars/sci-fi fan...

1 out of 5.

Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:36 am
You must have big rats

This was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I'm a big Mars/sci-fi fan...

1 out of 5.

Amen, brother

Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

One of those most bizzare and stupid endings of all time. There's something fundamentally wrong about seeing Lt. Dan flying into space like some ship in Enterprise, and even making the *ding* at the end. D-

Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:49 pm
Teh Mexican

pure crap.....seriously!...nothing more to say!

D-

but its not F material

Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:51 pm
College Boy Z

Hmmm, I don't remember it being as bad as the grades it's gotten so far... :-k

Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:01 pm
Sbil

A terrible, hillariously bad piece of shlock. D-

What happened to Brian de Palma?

Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:31 pm
You must have big rats

I rarely give an F to a movie. Infact, I think I have only given an F to three big Hollywood movies so far (out of all movies released theatrically). Mission to Mars is one of them and the most disappointing one at that because I actually expected it to be at least half-decent. I mean, I like the members of the cast, the idea of a Mars film sounds good and Brian De Palma is a top-notch director (well, he used to be one). The cast is good with Gary Sinise probably being the only good thing about the movie. However, everyone acts so bored and desinterested. The visual effects are okay, but nothing spectacular. The whole concept of how the story was solved by the end, was simply ridiculous and artrocious. The movie doesn't have a single bit of suspense in it and drags as if it was 4+ hours long. I almost fell asleep in the theatre. The worst thing about the movie is that it's not just bad, it's not even so-bad-that-it's-good.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

It was the first movie I took my then future-wife to. Luckily she didn't break up immediately afterwards, which I would have understood completely. This was total Crap (E)

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:49 pm
now we know

I dont want to watch this, because i preffered Red Planet with Val Kilmer, and they like came out at the same time, argh!

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

I didn't found it to be that bad. It has some boring moments ok. B-

Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:44 am
Profile WWW
htm

Very interesting ideas here with an unfortunately disappointing execution. The fault clearly lies with the script which really failed to properly characterize *anyone*. It isn't a complete waste, imo, as it offers an atleast somewhat interesting ending. The score is for the most part very nice as well.... I see quite a bit of potential in this story and find it quite entertaining. Its very reminiscent of vintage scifi movies without the big special effects and whatnot.

Considering the profound questions it sets forth, it is indeed a failure.... at least an admirable, beautiful attempt at tackling such issues. I think the alien aspect would be less disappointing if De Palma would have put more work into creating believable, remarkable characters. As with any true scifi hit, the real story comes from the human perspective and soul, which was sorely missing in an otherwise worthy film.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]