Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 You Can Count on Me 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

You Can Count on Me 

Post You Can Count on Me
You Can Count on Me

Quote:
You Can Count on Me is a 2000 American drama film starring Laura Linney, Mark Ruffalo, Rory Culkin, and Matthew Broderick. Written and directed by Kenneth Lonergan, it tells the story of Sammy, a single mother living in a small town, and her complicated relationships with family and friends. The film was nominated for two Academy Awards at the 73rd Academy Awards: Best Actress for Linney and Best Original Screenplay.

The story takes place in the fictionalized Catskill communities of Scottsville and Auburn, New York. The film was primarily shot in and around Margaretville, New York.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: You Can Count on Me
It's available on iTunes Rentals for $2.99 btw (opposed to the usual 3.99), so I checked it out. It's a wonderfully acted and written film that remains constantly open. I liked it a lot....it's funny and moving. Laura Linney is fantastic as usual, and Mark Ruffalo gives by far his best performance ever. Also, there's a cameo by Amy Ryan which is cool to see.
BTW, it received Oscar nominations for Best Actress and Original Screenplay, WON the WGA for Original Screenplay (quite a feat for a film of its type), and was produced by Scorsese.

A-

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]