Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 The Brothers Solomon 

What grade would you give this film?
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

The Brothers Solomon 

Post The Brothers Solomon
The Brothers Solomon

Quote:
The Brothers Solomon is a comedy film released on September 7, 2007, starring Will Arnett and Will Forte.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: The Brothers Solomon
I was one of two people in the theater. The other.........was my mother.

I'll have my review up shortly.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:27 pm
Profile WWW

Christ that was a pain in the fucking ass to upload. :funny:

Here it is - http://www.worldofkj.com/articleIndex.php?tid=30799

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Jmart007 wrote:

I saw, at one point there were like 3 of them up :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Gullimont wrote:
Jmart007 wrote:

I saw, at one point there were like 3 of them up :lol:

:funny:

The only reason for that is because I thought a lower case r on review would enter it as another article altogether, like before. That didn't work. And then my final five attempts were because of paragraph issues. That's the only reason why the article came up this late. I had it finished by 9 eastern, and it somehow took me an hour to get it right. Now I'm stuck with five Brother Solomon entries.

Hopefully it'll go smoother next week.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:09 pm
Profile WWW

Christ, I just realized I spelt the fucking title wrong on the main page. I give up. That's how it's staying. No one saw the damn movie anyways. :funny:

Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The T.A.O. of B.S. !!!

[The Twisted Absurd Originality of (The) Brothers Solomon !!! ]

No wonder this one isn't "popular"...

Absurdity, in particular, is a rare, rare quality in modern film comedy - - most comedy is strictly by-the-book formulaic pablum. The Brothers Solomon however, wades deep into the river of absurdity and henceforth baptizes itself in ludicrous bizarro eccentricity, way over the head of most moviegoers.

Twisted? You bet! This is one sick little puppy of a movie - - I mean, cancerously sick with pustulous boils all over it's hospital gown exposed arse. It's %$#@^&#*$^$*^%!!!!!

But in the end, it is it's originality that will win it's fans over. This is a story that I guarantee you have not seen before... though the characters were disturbingly realistic doppelgangers for people I have known all too well.

This is one that's goin' take a long time to gather any kind of significant fanbase. This is up there with Freddy Got Fingered in the tough to love camp. If it ends up showing in some kind of virtual repertory theatre in 2038, there'll maybe be a dozen viewers. But then, as time continues on, it will gain in stature - - climbing in devotees until by 2072, ten thousand brave souls gather at the first Brothers Solomon convention. Finally, in the 22nd century it will truly come into it's own - - with remakes, spinoffs, shameless merchandising to the kids, and endless repeats of it's E True Hollywood Story taking up several hundred channels in the future mediaverse...

Laugh at me now - - if you're brave enough to deny this future truth - - but then again The Brothers Solomon is just now borne unto this virgin Earth!

∞ out of 5.

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:51 am
loyalfromlondon

I remember when Bradley's favourite movie scored like an 11 out of 5. He's had, what, 15 films to get higher than that this year already? :funny:

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:01 am
Extraordinary

trixster wrote:
I remember when Bradley's favourite movie scored like an 11 out of 5. He's had, what, 15 films to get higher than that this year already? :funny:

Are you familiar with the logarithmic scale?

:cool:

Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:16 am
Extraordinary

Bump...

This undiscovered gem has been out on DVD for a while now - - where's some more reviews?!?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:59 am
The Lubitsch Touch

bradley, the first step to convincing us of these things is to actually sound like you believe the shit you write. I feel like I'm watching a PR man dress up a turd. Which, actually, I guess I am.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:51 pm
Extraordinary

yoshue wrote:
bradley, the first step to convincing us of these things is to actually sound like you believe the shit you write. I feel like I'm watching a PR man dress up a turd. Which, actually, I guess I am.

Heh. I write my reviews for my own enjoyment, and despite your lack of faith, they are 100% accurate reflections of my opinion on every film I write about. It is my one opportunity to unleash the wild side of my creative writing! If you don't enjoy my reviewing style, there's a simple solution - - don't read 'em. And if the absurd comedy genre is not to your taste, I suggest you skip these threads altogether.

I asked above here in this thread for others to post their reviews, not to believe mine.

(Though, I have noticed that when Dr. Lecter gets around to reviewing a film that his ratings end up being quite close to mine lately. You might check his reviews if you need to be told whether a movie's good or not in advance of seeing it... ;) )

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:16 pm
Extraordinary

Bump - - for Brothers Solomon co-star Malin Akerman's jump to a dramatic role with the release of Watchmen this weekend. She's been the go-to-gal as the supporting comic actress in three great roles in BS, the under-rated Heartbreak Kid, and last year's excellent ROM-COM 27 Dresses...

I look forward to seeing a lot more of Malin!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:13 am
Where will you be?

I just rented this from my public library. Either way, yoshue's comment just displays people's ignorance. I know plenty of people here whose opinions would not match the least with the majority, but that doesn't mean they're any less intelligent. Maybe I'm being led down the wrong path - it has happened before, like when Bradley got me excited about Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. But it's also led to me discovering underappreciated gems, and personally, I don't mind someone whose opinions differs from the majority here. It makes their reviews a hell of a lot more intersting, and has led to some great finds.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:56 am
Extraordinary

Bump...

(...in celebration of this weekend's release of MacGruber, Will Forte's second high profile big screen writing and acting triumph!)

Sun May 23, 2010 5:46 am
The Lubitsch Touch

second and last

Sat May 29, 2010 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]