Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Quick Change 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Quick Change 

Post Quick Change
Quick Change

Quote:
Quick Change is a 1990 comedy film starring Bill Murray, who also co-directed with the film's screenwriter Howard Franklin. Geena Davis, Randy Quaid, and Jason Robards co-star. Other cast members include Tony Shalhoub, Stanley Tucci, Phil Hartman, Victor Argo, Kurtwood Smith, Bob Elliott, and Philip Bosco. It is based on a book of the same name by Jay Cronley.

The film is set in New York City, particularly in Manhattan and Queens, with scenes taking place on the New York City Subway and within John F. Kennedy International Airport. Times Square, the Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty are also briefly seen.

Quick Change is the only directorial credit of Bill Murray's career.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Quick Change
Clever, funny, and well acted by everyone. Very good caper in my opinion and the three leads go through some great moments. The Mexican bike fight comes to mind. This is Bill Murray at his best, and the rest of the cast is good and solid throughout. It was a bomb in 1990 when it came out, which is a shame, I believe it was only released in 1000 theaters or so.

Big Recommendation.

Solid A

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 pm
Extraordinary

I forgot about this one - - it's really, really good - - super sharp screenplay and boffo acting all around!!!

Last edited by Bradley Witherberry on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:33 am
Extraordinary

I forgot about Quick Change again!

I was reminded after seeing Bill Murray on Charlie Rose today, and he pointed out it was the only movie he's directed so far (co-directed with Howard Franklin).

It is a strangely underseen movie - - it rarely seems to come on TV or be discussed at all. It is certainly underrated and is really a wonderful heist comedy featuring Geena Davis at her peak and a heap of great actors and comedians (Randy Quaid, Jason Robards, Tony Shalhoub, Phil Hartman, Stanley Tucci, Kurtwood Smith).

I've got to make time to sit down and watch this again before it's 25th anniversary next year.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Yes, it is absolutely one of the most underrated comedies of the 90s, especially in Murray's case. It also has some real tension at times like the scene as simple as getting change for a bus. Another note is that I believe police officers had to change the way they handled bank robberies after this film (With the detaining of all hostages until the situation is contained)

Mad Dog And Glory is another really great showcase for Murray's early dramatic moments as well.

A cheap buy at any FYE, you can probably get it for $5

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]