Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Wolf Man (1941) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Wolf Man (1941) 

Post The Wolf Man (1941)
The Wolf Man

Quote:
The Wolf Man is a 1941 American Monster Werewolf-Horror film written by Curt Siodmak and produced and directed by George Waggner. The film stars Lon Chaney, Jr. as The Wolf Man, featuring Claude Rains, Evelyn Ankers, Ralph Bellamy, Patric Knowles, Béla Lugosi, and Maria Ouspenskaya. The title character has had a great deal of influence on Hollywood's depictions of the legend of the werewolf. The film is the second Universal Pictures werewolf movie, preceded six years earlier by the less commercially successful Werewolf of London. A remake was released in early 2010 starring Benicio del Toro and Anthony Hopkins. A reboot that will follow the original is currently in development.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:23 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

My favorite of the Universal monsters. The one not from a book, the mythology behind it is awesome. Lon Chaney Jr would no longer be Long Chaney's son. He completely enamoured this role, much like Bela and Karloff did with Dracula and Frankenstein. I love this movie and all the sequels this great character was in. The remake has a lot to go up to. I love that this movie has so many themes and symbols that represent Nazis and the character himself is certainly a modern Greek Tragedy.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]