Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Mr. Bean's Holiday 

What grade would you give this film?
A 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
B 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
C 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Mr. Bean's Holiday 

Post Mr. Bean's Holiday
Mr. Bean's Holiday

Quote:
Mr. Bean's Holiday is a 2007 British comedy film by Rowan Atkinson, which was released in the United Kingdom and Australia on 30 March 2007 and on 24 August 2007 in the United States and Canada. It is the second film based on the television series Mr. Bean, a sequel to 1997's Bean.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Very disappointing. The whole movie basically focuses on Mr Bean's vacation to Cannes. You get to see pretty much what you expect of Mr. Bean, just like the TV show. You see the faces, the dance and the stupidity. Thats fine, you see that on the original movie too (Which i like very much) but there it was kinda different and new to the character.

After 20 minutes into the movie i got really bored. I think i laughed like 3 or 4 times.

C-

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:03 pm
ef star star kay

I thought it was quite impressive. I was pretty disappointed in the first movie, I thought the story was messed up. Fortunately, in Mr.Bean's Holiday, they go with more simple storyline. And it worked better.

The first half was absolutely hilarious. Although the second half was too much of overrun jokes. But overall, a really funny movie.

B+

Of course, for those who hate Mr.Bean...

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:29 pm
Another You

As been said, the first 30-40 minutes in the fiLm were nearLy perfect whiLe the other haLf especiaLLy the ending was pretty dissapointing and misused. There were Lots of new gags but there was one whoLe scene and concepts that I found reLativeLy simiLar to Atkinson's other fiLms (i.e. Johnny EngLish) as weLL. It was stiLL very entertaining though and I appreciate it for its simpLe storyLine.

B

Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:23 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Mr. Bean's Holiday
Thank goodness Mr. Bean returns to his classic form in this new movie - - the first movie was an abomination in which Mr. Bean, among other mistakes, had real dialogue. Yup, this is the real Bean alright, unfortunately there's not enough material here to warrant stretching the original 10 minute long TV episodes into an 80 minute movie (though by my calculation, there would have been enough for three episodes). Luckily, the broader screenplay takes up some of the slack, but it still doesn't touch the best of the old BBC series. I'm a big Mr. Bean fan, and I'm glad I saw it, but I'll have to rate it only...

4 out of 5.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:19 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I liked the first film more, as this one was just a little more kiddy. That beings said, while I'd say I didn't really laugh out loud more than perhaps twice (Him singing the opera with the boy, and William Dafoe's film was brilliant, he was on such an ego trip) I did have a smile on my face most of the film.

Its very simple but at the same time kind of artsy. Not the best of Bean, and could have been a little edgier like the first film, but it was a fun addition.
Solid B. The Little Kids watching this were roaring the whole time though. I think the legs will be decent.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:33 pm
Child Actor

its a light comedy. i enjoyed it for the most part. i give it a B -.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:38 pm
Jesus of Nazareth

It was good enough, but very light and the girl was nice eye candy.

Having never seen Bean before, how does he normally speak in most movies. In the beginning of the movie, I was wondering if he had a stroke and couldn't speak properly.

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:00 am
Extraordinary

JesusHChrist wrote:
Having never seen Bean before, how does he normally speak in most movies. In the beginning of the movie, I was wondering if he had a stroke and couldn't speak properly.

Rowan Atkinson speaks perfectly timed comedic Queen's English if he chooses to (see: Blackadder), but his dialogue in Mr Bean's Holiday is 100% authentic to the Bean character...

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:43 am
On autopilot for the summer

JesusHChrist wrote:
It was good enough, but very light and the girl was nice eye candy.

No thats always been one of his gags, usually just sound effects, and his words being very well chosen what he says. Check out the first bean, Peter MacNicol is a great opposite to him, and its actually a darker and funnier film.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:56 am
King Albert!

Entertaining if fluffy.

It was consistanly funny without being lol. Mostly for slapstick fans.

Grade: B.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I must have seen a different movie. I hated this so much. It was unfunny and boring. Worst movie of the year so far. F

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:19 pm
You must have big rats

D

Well, so let me say that I've never been a fan of Baen and that its humor is just not my thing. Even then, the TV episodes werebetter than this abomination of a movie. It's about as terrible as the last film, if not even worse. I laughed outloud once maybe and that was it. The rest just made me shake my head. Atkinson tries, tries really hard,m but it just doesn't work. I think the best thing about this movie (its Cote d'Azur location aside) is Willem Dafoe's character and his "film". That was actually amusing. Almost all of the stuff involving Mr. Bean, though, was incredibly ridiculously unfunny and made me feel :bang: Definitely last year's worst comedy and one of last year's worst films overall. I'm glad there won't be any other Bean movies coming our way (as Atkinson said in an interview).

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]