Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Colour Me Kubrick: A True...ish Story [Color Me Kubrick] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Colour Me Kubrick: A True...ish Story [Color Me Kubrick] 

Post Colour Me Kubrick: A True...ish Story [Color Me Kubrick]
Color Me Kubrick

Quote:
Colour Me Kubrick: A True...ish Story (released in the US as Color Me Kubrick) is a French/British Dramedy film released in 2006 (March 23, 2007 in the US). The film stars John Malkovich as Alan Conway, a man who had been impersonating director Stanley Kubrick since the early 1990s. The film follows the exploits of Conway as he goes from person to person, convincing them to give out money, liquor, and sexual favours for the promise of a part in "Kubrick's" next movie. The soundtrack, Colour Me Kubrick: The Original Soundtrack featured five songs co-written by Bryan Adams.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

What can I say about Malkovich? He is flat out perfect. He's unsettling, he's funny and he does a great job of portraying this guy's slide into alcholism. I also liked how the director spliced clips of music from Kubrick's film's throughout the film. It was a treat to listen to those once again. But outside of Malkovich's performance, the music and a very clever ending, I just wasn't a big fan of everything else. It just wasn't my kind of film and I think it was a missed opportunity into really getting into why this guy did what he did, especially since it seems he didn't know a thing about Kubrick or the fact that Kirk Douglas was a man. His thought process is just kind of brushed over and all we get are his experiences. I thought that was a missed opportunity.

C-

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]