Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Arthur et les Minimoys [Arthur and the Invisibles] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Arthur et les Minimoys [Arthur and the Invisibles] 

Post Arthur et les Minimoys [Arthur and the Invisibles]
Arthur and the Invisibles

Quote:
Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys in non-English-speaking territories — Arthur et les Minimoys in French-speaking countries) is a part-animated, part-live action feature film adaptation of the 2002 children's book Arthur et les minimoys / Arthur and the Minimoys, and the 2003 sequel Arthur et la cité interdite / Arthur and the Forbidden City, written by filmmaker Luc Besson, who also directed the film. It premiered in limited release in France on November 29, 2006, and received wide releases in a number of countries in the following weeks. In the United States, it opened on December 29, 2006, for one week in Los Angeles, California, with a wider release on January 12, 2007 and it was released in the United Kingdom on February 2, 2007. The film was MGM's first theatrically released animated film since 1996's All Dogs Go to Heaven 2.

With a budget of €65,000,000, Arthur and the Invisibles was briefly the most expensive French film production until surpassed by Astérix at the Olympic Games.

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I could only suffer through 31 minutes of ARTHUR & THE INVISIBLES before I just had to shut it off. It was idiotic and the main character was so annoying. The animation, once it finally comes into the picture, was ugly and cheap looking too. Overall I just didn't give a damn whether he saved the Minimoys or not; certainly not enough to sit through the rest of the movie to find out. And why is it called ARTHUR & THE INVISIBLES anyway when they aren't called Invisibles? They are called Minimoys. It should be ARTHUR & THE MINIMOYS.

Anyway, the best thing about it in the time that I watched it was the really cute dog.

Sat May 26, 2007 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]