Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 The 'Desperate Housewives' Thread (Season 1) 
Sbil

Post The 'Desperate Housewives' Thread (Season 1)
Discuss Susan, Bree, Lynette, Gabrielle and the rest of Wisteria Lane! :D

Mod note: Please discuss this show heartily if you feel the need to!

Last edited by Libs on Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:57 pm
rustiphica

My mom is so into this show but I just don't understand it. She even got my sister to start watching it.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:09 pm
Teh Mexican

This show is great!...very well done and nice to see its doing very good on the rating!

BTW libs whats the second best show on TV? :)

Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:56 pm
New Server, Same X

I LOVE this show. ABC has created two awesome shows in Desperate Housewives and Lost, that have continuing storylines each week.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I LOVE this show. ABC has created two awesome shows in Desperate Housewives and Lost, that have continuing storylines each week.

Everyone keeps talking about Lost, but im always busy, but i will try and watch it this weekend.

Also to Mr.X, could you make your sig a little smaller and how do you put a pic in it?

Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Last edited by dolcevita on Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:41 am
rustiphica

Hehe James Spader the manwhore :lol: He looks like such a geek.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:17 pm
Hot Fuss

I love DH... cant wait for the next eppi... its like a family-rated Dark comedy, lol.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

"Rex cries when he ejaculates."

Brilliant.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:25 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I watched the first ep. but didn't see the second.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Great episode tonight :D :D :D

Brilliant.

lol that was funny!!!!
...what the hell is wrong with that woman!! crazy b!tch :P

Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:50 am
Indiana Jones IV

I only saw the first half of it, I have to catch a rerun.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:05 am
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

Brilliant.

That part was hilarious, and I loved tonight's episode. I cannot wait for next week. It's such a great show, and I'm glad its holding up well in the ratings. :)

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hot Fuss

Brilliant.

God Brea freaks me out!! I cant believe it! The dude killed his wife! eh!

Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Draughty

I watched this show for the first time last Sunday. It sure looked to me as if the man who has a son and a dead wife is a murderer, the show did everything but scream it out. "That's assuming you outlive me" - chilling line.

But then I talked the next day to a friend who is a fan of the series from the start, and she says I have it all wrong, no way the guy killed his wife. In fact, she says, the series opened by showing the wife commit suicide.

So what is going on here? Is the guy guilty and dangerous like it looked to me, or am I misunderstanding that plot thread?

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

OK...

I watched this show for the first time last Sunday. It sure looked to me as if the man who has a son and a dead wife is a murderer, the show did everything but scream it out. "That's assuming you outlive me" - chilling line.

But then I talked the next day to a friend who is a fan of the series from the start, and she says I have it all wrong, no way the guy killed his wife. In fact, she says, the series opened by showing the wife commit suicide.

So what is going on here? Is the guy guilty and dangerous like it looked to me, or am I misunderstanding that plot thread?

I think your misunderstanding the concept of Desperate Housewives. You see, it's not a show where events happen each week, and are all resolved in an hour. Instead, this show has an ongoing continuity, such as the husband seems to have a mysterious life, but we only get a small glimpse each week. The wife did kill herself. Why? We don't know. Why is the husband such a shady character? We don't know. Questions will be answered, but the beauty of Housewives is that you need to tune in each week.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:20 pm
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:
OK...

I think your misunderstanding the concept of Desperate Housewives. You see, it's not a show where events happen each week, and are all resolved in an hour. Instead, this show has an ongoing continuity, such as the husband seems to have a mysterious life, but we only get a small glimpse each week. The wife did kill herself. Why? We don't know. Why is the husband such a shady character? We don't know. Questions will be answered, but the beauty of Housewives is that you need to tune in each week.

Nopers I didn't misunderstand the concept at all, I simply asked for an explanation of the anomaly where it seems they were suggesting the husband killed her (not just has a shady past) yet that doesn't seem possible. I know more will come out in coming weeks, I just wondered about that one logic aspect.

Anyhow, I'm glad to see shows with real actors and writing popular again, and not just all reality programs.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Good enough, Archie. Just making sure. :wink:

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:25 pm
All Star Poster

Anyone watch today's episode. The red-haired character is amazing. Too funny :) They should have someone like her in all strip joints to make it funnier.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
problem?

Brie is definitely the quirkiest character of the whole bunch, but I find myself really liking Gabrielle the most. I just like the whole storyline with her cheating on her husband with her underage gardener. I can't wait until her husband finds out, which he eventually will. I think it'll be within the next few episodes, at that.

This show is definitely my favorite show of the season. :D

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:47 pm
Extraordinary

I saw the show for the first time last night when they showed a rerun, really liked it. *Quietly awaits tonight's episode*

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:50 pm
Sbil

I so love the relationship Susan has with her daughter.

Also, does anyone else find Teri Hatcher surprisingly likeable on this show? I was never a fan of hers, but Susan is by far the most likeable and easy to identify with character on the show.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:04 pm
Draughty

Really good episode, as always.

I so love the relationship Susan has with her daughter.

Also, does anyone else find Teri Hatcher surprisingly likeable on this show? I was never a fan of hers, but Susan is by far the most likeable and easy to identify with character on the show.

Yes this is the most likeable I've seen Hatcher. It's probably because she's aging now and she's handling it well, by dropping her old princess persona a bit and being more real. At least that's how it strikes me.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

last night's episode was alright but why does the show take such pains to make the women relatively realistic but the men look like they are out of some ad for soloflex machine. I think the casting of the men is the weakest part of the show, they cast them for their bodies, not their charisma or acting ability.

But I'm obviously not the target audience and others seem to like it a lot so...whatever. :lol:

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

last night's episode was alright but why does the show take such pains to make the women relatively realistic but the men look like they are out of some ad for soloflex machine. I think the casting of the men is the weakest part of the show, they cast them for their bodies, not their charisma or acting ability.

But I'm obviously not the target audience and others seem to like it a lot so...whatever. :lol:

Very true, Archie. The male casting is horrid, from a male's point of view. The women are all attractive (especially Eva Longoria), but they're not blonde bombshells, with large breasts and a 170 IQ, because men must love that, right? :? They all seem very real, and you can imagine these women in these situations. The men just seem like bait to reel other women in. 21 million viewers a week means they don't need more viewers to be a hit.

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 552 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next