Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Goldie is no longer welcome here 
No Wire Tampons!

I actually kind of disagree with this desicion. I have not seen goldie be particularly problematic for quite a while.

Strange? Yes.
Problematic? No...

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

I came very close to speaking with the admins this week about removing Goldie from KJ.

Most people here know that he and I have had major issues (using major is a bit funny considering it's the internet).

The only thing that kept me from contacting Scott and Krem was a busted laptop.

I am overjoyed at their decision, I support it 1000 times over, and as long as I'm one of the people in charge of WoKJ, Goldie is not welcomed here.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:04 pm
No Wire Tampons!

He was no more annoying than usual.
It's just the way he is, if people take what he says to heart then more fool them for not having the stature to ignore him.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

What's stopping Goldie from creating another account? He has a history of, you know, multiple accounts and different IP addresses.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:06 pm
All Star Poster

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

the satan child in your avatar continues to burn holes in my soul loyal. Please destroy all pictures of your childhood at once and get naked.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I visited the horror thread.
He was no more annoying than usual.
It's just the way he is, if people take what he says to heart then more fool them for not having the stature to ignore him.

I try ignoring him, but him harassing me for years now? No, thanks.

Oh and didn't you ban him from your site permanently?

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

While I agree that Goldie is one of the most irritating posters on the site, I'm not sure if I support this decision. You could have at least gave him a final warning and then ban his ass as soon as he officially broke a rule. Being negative or annoying doesn't constitute breaking a rule.

It just seems so subjective. A lot of people just can't take a hint in real life, let alone on a message board where there's no real human contact. It just would have been nicer if the reason for banning him was a little more tangible.

Just my opinion.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:14 am
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

The problem I have with everyone saying "why not just give him a warning first and then ban him" is that they've already done this dozens of times. The mods and admins have tried so hard to get Goldie to stop with the insults, harrassment, etc (all of which are a clear violation of the rules, and something he's been doing for over a year now - what is so subjective about this?). People want to give him his 20th chance now? That doesn't make any sense to me. He's received plenty of chances and plenty of instruction to change his behaviour. Jeff (Rogue) had a post originally in this thread that outlined this far better than I've said it, but it was deleted.

I would personally have no problem just using an ignore function on him, but I nevertheless support Krem, loyal, Zing, and all the rest completely for their decision. They've been more than fair.

PEACE, Mike.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:26 am
Some days I'm a super bitch

Yeah, well I don't have to deal with him so I guess I can't really talk. In fact, I've always sympathized with the mods (especially Zingaling) who have devoted hours of their lives managing the problems he causes.

I dunno, I really don't care.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:41 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Jeff (Rogue) had a post originally in this thread that outlined this far better than I've said it, but it was deleted.

This was originally in reply to Eagle's post:

Of all people Eagle I thought you would be the one to not provide as much criticism as you have.

Goldie has been banned for how many weeks in the past? 2? 3? Maybe more? There have been constant threads on him in here, he has been mentioned in some way or another in most of the big fights that break out. He has been, quite simply put, a menance.

Now, the timing is a bit akward I'll give you that, but give him a chance to change? We've given him 20 already. At some point you reach a breaking point.

The truth is, you tried so hard to be the anti-Sean Salsbury that you went the other way. Except for spam attacks you never banned people while you were admin. While when the forum was small that was ok, now that the forum is growing you just can't do that anymore. Goldie is a menace to forum health, period. Constantly bumping his own threads -- for example one recent thread had something like 25 replies and 12 of them were Goldie's with no real content in them at all. He constantly attacked other users. I think we've all had sparings with him. He needed to go. Timing was a little odd but it was inevitable.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:47 am
Killing With Kindness

nothing more to say.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:36 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

MikeQ. wrote:
Jeff (Rogue) had a post originally in this thread that outlined this far better than I've said it, but it was deleted.

This was originally in reply to Eagle's post:

Of all people Eagle I thought you would be the one to not provide as much criticism as you have.

Goldie has been banned for how many weeks in the past? 2? 3? Maybe more? There have been constant threads on him in here, he has been mentioned in some way or another in most of the big fights that break out. He has been, quite simply put, a menance.

Now, the timing is a bit akward I'll give you that, but give him a chance to change? We've given him 20 already. At some point you reach a breaking point.

The truth is, you tried so hard to be the anti-Sean Salsbury that you went the other way. Except for spam attacks you never banned people while you were admin. While when the forum was small that was ok, now that the forum is growing you just can't do that anymore. Goldie is a menace to forum health, period. Constantly bumping his own threads -- for example one recent thread had something like 25 replies and 12 of them were Goldie's with no real content in them at all. He constantly attacked other users. I think we've all had sparings with him. He needed to go. Timing was a little odd but it was inevitable.

Pretty much m thoughts as well.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:55 am
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

I don't support euthanasia, so I guess i shouldn't support this.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:08 am
Christian's #1 Fan

For anyone who questioned whether or not Goldie was annoying, just read over the last two pages of the "WOKJ Top 50 All-Time Horror Films" list. It makes it impossible to follow the progress of the list as every page was 10 responses from Goldie demanding answers etc.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:51 am
Site Owner

I am not saying he wasn't annoying. I am just saying the manner in which the banning was carried out is wrong. I am not saying he didn't deserve to be banned. I am just saying that he deserved more warning and a chance to change.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I am not saying he wasn't annoying. I am just saying the manner in which the banning was carried out is wrong. I am not saying he didn't deserve to be banned. I am just saying that he deserved more warning and a chance to change.

How many chances have you given him Eagle? Seriously there has got to be a breaking point and it finally hit. This is something several of the users of the board have been asking for quite often for quite a while.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:08 am
You must have big rats

This above is exactly the reason why I never took warnings here seriously. How many more warnings, HOW MANY MORE? You said you'd ban him for more negative comments? Want me to provide you with some? What about this for instance:

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopi ... 114#594114

And I've got many more.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Eagle wrote:

This above is exactly the reason why I never took warnings here seriously. How many more warnings, HOW MANY MORE? You said you'd ban him for more negative comments? Want me to provide you with some? What about this for instance:

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopi ... 114#594114

And I've got many more.

Goldie is fun to PWN.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:20 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Eagle wrote:
Why was he banned?

Not for any particular thing, but for overall ruining the atmosphere on the forum with his constant negativism and putting other users down.

Constant negativism is no reason for a ban, I do see a point about putting other users down but I think a few users do border around this area too.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:47 am
Site Owner

And maybe that is why I was never cracked up to be an admin. I have always believed in giving people a chance and I honestly believed that goldie wanted to be here and wanted to change. Obviously the current administration dissagrees.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Kypade

That's it though, eagle. That may be the case. But he's been told so many times to change. .. and it just doesn't happen. I think after 2 years, if someone who has caused so much trouble is STILL acting the way they did originally it's one of two things - they don't really want to change/be here all that much, or they can't change...if that is really who goldie was, he really didnt know ANY better, couldnt honestly see anything wrong with the way he's always acted, maybe it wasnt fair...or maybe that means it WAS the perfect decision. plenty, plenty of member have had issues with others and etc...they are told to "change" something too...and they almost always work it out (even if it just means ignoring the person)...goldie couldnt seem to do that.
i think the fact that he was interfering with yet another big KJ thing is reason enough to come to the conclusion that nothings ever gonna change and his presence here will never be a "good" thing.

if he makes a new name and no one figures out it's him for 6 months cuz he's suddenly a great poster, i'll take it all back...but i dont think thatll be the case.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:13 pm
Commander and Chef

how many more warnings and chances do you want to give him eagle?

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next