Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Wishmaster 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Wishmaster 
College Boy Z

Post Wishmaster
Wishmaster

Quote:
Wishmaster is a 1997 American horror film directed by Robert Kurtzman, and is the second film directed by Kurtzman. It was executive produced by Wes Craven—the only film of the Wishmaster series with his name attached.

The plot of Wishmaster concerns a djinn (evil genie), an omnipotent, supremely evil entity who is released from a jewel and seeks to capture the soul of the woman who discovered him, thereby opening a portal and freeing his fellow djinn to inhabit the earth. The film stars Andrew Divoff and Tammy Lauren, and features many actors from other popular horror movies such as Nightmare On Elm Street, Day of the Dead, and Candyman. Three sequels were made, featuring differing casts and crews: Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies, Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell, and Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled.

Really stupid, but reeeally fun as well.

B

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:52 pm
You must have big rats

I really wish I remember it during the horror movies list nominations. I enjoy this one a whole lot. It just delivers as a great campy horror movie. It is cheesy, has a great bad guy (kudos to Andrew Divoff here as Djinn), some nice one-liners and PLENTY of inventive gore scenes. It reminds me a bit of another guilty horror movie pleasure of mine - Leprechaun. Same kind of gore, camp and humor. The seqel was okay, but the third and the fourth films are just terrible sadly.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Wow, what a mess of a film. Campy? Yes. But funny? Not in the least bit. The one liners were so horribly delivered that instead of being funny they were rather painfully annoying. The cast all were wooden, boring and quite unoriginal. Sure some of the gore scenes were interesting but really not all that well done. As far as gore goes they were rather terribly done.

It could have been a fun film, but instead it is just boring and poorly produced. One of Craven's few films that have severely dissapointed me. C

Wed May 31, 2006 3:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]