Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 105  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2) 
Draughty

The book was created to make money. Yes it was designed as a tie-in from the start but it's a situation where they get Lost fans talking about it on boards and buying the book to get clues on what might happen. Sounds like a product placement to me, even if it's they who get the money not Coke or Ford.

Sat May 06, 2006 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

:ohmy:

The ending made me very happy. I thought the episode was pretty damn good as a whole actually, though I had a few problems. I think Jack's dad is being overused, if would've been better if he was just in Jack + Sawyer's or Jack + Ana-Lucia's, not all 3. I also think killing Libby(if she is dead) was a bit overdoing it, just Ana would've been more powerful IMO.

Michael has turned from a so-so character for me, into just about the best on the show. The point where he's at right now, is fantastic. I don't think he's completley brainwashed or a complete Other just yet, as he said "Sorry" and looked really hurt and scared when he pulled the trigger on both women. My guess is that he's still Michael, it's just he's been awfully twisted by the island and others into a dark and frightening individual. One thing I don't get though, is why he did all this. It wasn't a deal where they would give him Walt for Gale, as Gale was likely sent there in the first place as a result of this entire master plan being set to happen, and he is selfly-professed much more useless than the all important Walt. Was the entire thing an execution mission to take out Ana-Lucia? I wouldn't think so, my guess is that the reason she died was just so she couldn't convict him later.

I see a few possibilities.

1) The Others have lied to Michael, saying they'll give him Walt for Gale, something they obviously won't do. But again, why? If Gale is useless, why would they waste their Michael lie on this? Really, with the promise of giving Walt, they could get him to do anything at all. Why save pathetic Gale?

2) Michael really did escape, but as of now he is very attached to the Others he was staying with. He is their friends, much more so than the Lostaways'. When he heard that they had captured one, his surprise was genuine, and his plan to get rid of Ana to rescue Henry was directly on the spot. He would rather have Ana dead, than to see an Other locked up like this.

3) Same as the one above, except instead of friendly attachment to the Others, he feels that if he saves Gale then the Others and Gale himself will feel like the "owe" him a debt, in Gale's case his life. He hopes that in the future, this will give him points with the Others, and if he meets Gale in the future maybe he'll help him find Walt. In this scenario, Michael is just crazy and illogical at this point.

4) Gale is much more important than he was being leading on. Maybe Gale is "him", and all these words have been describing himself. But someone as insanely genius as him, why would he let himself be caught? If this is true, then everything has gone with his plan perfectly, right up to Michael shooting himself. All of this has lead to something bigger, which he'll be able to access once free in the hatch. Inevitably something to do with John Locke, I can't fathom what it would be though.

As for the Jack/Claire thing, I don't buy the half-siblings thing. It would just be too illogical, Jack and Claire haven't had any scenes involving each other at all, nothing to signify a connection. And like Nebs said, he wouldn't be yelling "Let me see her!" if she was in her 20s. She wasn't living with her mom, so I doubt it at this point. That could've been Claire's sister however, the mom or the baby. That would mean Jack has a half-sister that isn't Claire, or a half-niece. And what makes everyone so sure the connection is to Claire, what about Charlie? Once again, no connection between the characters, but I could buy theirs more than Jack and Claire's.

Sun May 07, 2006 4:05 pm
Cream of the Crop

Finally watched the episode, and...

:ohmy:

The ending made me very happy. I thought the episode was pretty damn good as a whole actually, though I had a few problems. I think Jack's dad is being overused, if would've been better if he was just in Jack + Sawyer's or Jack + Ana-Lucia's, not all 3. I also think killing Libby(if she is dead) was a bit overdoing it, just Ana would've been more powerful IMO.

Michael has turned from a so-so character for me, into just about the best on the show. The point where he's at right now, is fantastic. I don't think he's completley brainwashed or a complete Other just yet, as he said "Sorry" and looked really hurt and scared when he pulled the trigger on both women. My guess is that he's still Michael, it's just he's been awfully twisted by the island and others into a dark and frightening individual. One thing I don't get though, is why he did all this. It wasn't a deal where they would give him Walt for Gale, as Gale was likely sent there in the first place as a result of this entire master plan being set to happen, and he is selfly-professed much more useless than the all important Walt. Was the entire thing an execution mission to take out Ana-Lucia? I wouldn't think so, my guess is that the reason she died was just so she couldn't convict him later.

Occam's Razor.

The others have asked Michael to do more than one thing in exchange for Walt. At this point, Michael is probably willing to do anything to get his son back, so why would the others only ask him to bring back Gale when they know they can get him to do so much more? I bet Michael has a detailed, elaborate set of instructions that, if followed, will deliver everyone into the Others' hands.

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Sun May 07, 2006 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

One thing I don't get is why Michael trusts the Others to give him back Walt at all. It's not like they've been trustworthy or honest. I guess he really is willing to do anything to get his son back. I don't see why - that kid is so annoying. ;)

The fact that Michael is bad certainly makes the rest of the season much more suspenseful and interesting. The summaries for the last three episodes, that I posted above, state that Michael manages to convince the Lostaways to help him get Walt back. In fact, that's what the summary for the finale is - Jack & Sayid come up with a plan to get Walt back. We all know now that there's probably gonna be a trap, and I'm wondering if that's what the cliffhanger at the end of the season is - Jack, Sayid, and others are captured by the Others. That would be crazy.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun May 07, 2006 6:31 pm
I still don't buy that Others (fake beard ones) would have anything with Michael going Anakin. What would be the point to have that plan, and for instance to grab Jack, Sayid and others as you said trixster, when they could've easily done that before (Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Kate)?. And when it seems that they can 'kidnap' anyone they want (Cindy and other lostaways)?

I'd like to think that, if there are no other groups of Others, that Michael just went slightly insane, and turned vengeful, no contact with Others. That's why he's setting up Gale, to 'invoke' greater anger from lostaways. Now it'd be easier to get them all on war path.

Sun May 07, 2006 7:09 pm
loyalfromlondon

I still don't buy that Others (fake beard ones) would have anything with Michael going Anakin. What would be the point to have that plan, and for instance to grab Jack, Sayid and others as you said trixster, when they could've easily done that before (Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Kate)?. And when it seems that they can 'kidnap' anyone they want (Cindy and other lostaways)?

I'd like to think that, if there are no other groups of Others, that Michael just went slightly insane, and turned vengeful, no contact with Others. That's why he's setting up Gale, to 'invoke' greater anger from lostaways. Now it'd be easier to get them all on war path.

That would be interesting. Though I don't see why he felt the need to kill Ana and set up Gale to go after the Others, because it seemed that Jack was raring to go. And it seemed like he had planned this out already (shooting himself in the arm doesn't seem like something that's done spontaneously) which means he must have known that Gale was being held prisoner, which means he must have had some contact with the Other. But if Michael just went nuts himself - not too big a leap, considering the mental state he was in when he left - it makes it much more interesting. We'll have to wait and see.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun May 07, 2006 7:13 pm
Draughty

That makes sense to me, more so than Michael just on his way to free Henry. I don't think Michael even knew Henry was there till Ana told him.

Mon May 08, 2006 4:00 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'm really starting to believe that Gale is much more important than what he has been displaying. Every episode, he keeps talking about how weak and useless he is, and how unforgiving the leader is. There's such an emphasis on it, I see as too much focus to be nothing. If he's the ultimate evil mastermind, wouldn't it make sense that it's only him who is the centerpiece of the entire plan, being the one with the insanity to be caught on purpose and held hostage in the Lostaways camp? To reach his ultimate plan, whatever it is, nobody else could be as smart or deceiving enough to play it out perfectly like he has.

My wild guess right now is that Gale is actually "him", and in the finale he'll go Kayser Sose on everyone as the twist to end the season.

Mon May 08, 2006 2:35 pm
You must have big rats

I'm really starting to believe that Gale is much more important than what he has been displaying. Every episode, he keeps talking about how weak and useless he is, and how unforgiving the leader is. There's such an emphasis on it, I see as too much focus to be nothing. If he's the ultimate evil mastermind, wouldn't it make sense that it's only him who is the centerpiece of the entire plan, being the one with the insanity to be caught on purpose and held hostage in the Lostaways camp? To reach his ultimate plan, whatever it is, nobody else could be as smart or deceiving enough to play it out perfectly like he has.

My wild guess right now is that Gale is actually "him", and in the finale he'll go Kayser Sose on everyone as the twist to end the season.

That is what I am thinking as well...

Mon May 08, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

That's an interesting guess, what guesses do the rest of you have as to what will happen in the finale?

If it was up to me, Oceanic 816 would nosedive out of the sky onto Hurley to save us from more episodes centered around him eating dip.

But being as that is extremely unlikely, my serious answer is I think they will attempt some sort of war with the Others like they kept talking about and it will go horribly wrong somehow.

As to Gale being him, I thought so for a few weeks but now I'm not so sure. Lately I'm thinking Locke's dad might be "him". But if it was Gale, that'd be cool, that actor is doing a good job with his role.

Mon May 08, 2006 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

What I am wondering is...who do you think will die in the finale if anyone?

Mon May 08, 2006 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

I'm guessing something chaotic will happen and we simply won't know who died till the fall.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

I'll wild guess: Michael and Jack will die.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

I'll wild guess: Michael and Jack will die.

jack dying would be great

Mon May 08, 2006 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Mon May 08, 2006 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

the more i think about it, the more i don't like nor buy Michael's killing of even Ana Lucia .... unless he himself has become another. If not, i just think Lost cheapened itself by turning to one of those shows/movies where you're given a small justifiable reason for doing something you normally wouldn't do.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

Charlie would normally be most logical but he's engaged in real life to Kate and she's a lynchpin so I think he might have immunity. Hell they should send him to the Others camp to kill them all, he might be invincible. Not like I have any real idea though.

The most cryptic and intriguging thing to me that the producers said about the finale is that [spoil]we will come out of it with a good idea of where the new batch of cast members they are adding in the fall will come from.[/spoil]

Mon May 08, 2006 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Charlie would normally be most logical but he's engaged in real life to Kate and she's a lynchpin so I think he might have immunity. Hell they should send him to the Others camp to kill them all, he might be invincible. Not like I have any real idea though.

The most cryptic and intriguging thing to me that the producers said about the finale is that [spoil]we will come out of it with a good idea of where the new batch of cast members they are adding in the fall will come from.[/spoil]

they'll be mickie D's employees, the McD that is found on the other side of the island, the one they never run into cause they never bother exploring if it is even a bloody island!!

Mon May 08, 2006 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

The producers said that we will find out why(how?) flight 815 crashed. I'm thinking that in the finale another plane will crash and that's were will get our new cast members and the answer to why 815 crashed.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Archie Gates wrote:

The producers said that we will find out why(how?) flight 815 crashed. I'm thinking that in the finale another plane will crash and that's were will get our new cast members and the answer to why 815 crashed.

OMG!!! I so predicted this when I spoke with Loyal the other day.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

But if they do it, it will be such a blatant move to add new [s]flashbacks[/s] cast members, I am not sure how that will go down.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

But if they do it, it will be such a blatant move to add new [s]flashbacks[/s] cast members, I am not sure how that will go down.

they should forget about adding new characters to the show and bring some of our all time favorite ones back.

- Mr. Frosty the polar bear
- Fumigator the black smoke
- Grouchy the tree tumbling monster
- Roots the mechanical monster

Mon May 08, 2006 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Well the producers also said that we will be getting less and less flashbacks for original castmembers due to certain "inevitablities." Which means that more characters are going to start dying off or that there simply isn't anymore backstory to tell. Maybe there won't be a plane crash(although I think this likely). Maybe the castaways are gonna join forces with the "Others" and go after Dhrama. Hell, maybe the new characters are NotHenry, Alex and Mr. Friendly. Now those are some flashbacks I would definetly want to see.

Mon May 08, 2006 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

- Locke: Carries shit loads of knives where he goes. Helps daddy embezzle cash.
- Charlie: Killed man. Is junkie and almost drowned a baby
- Kate: Blows up man in house. SHoots 3 people. Robs bank
- Michael: Kills 2 chicks, one with intentions. Shoots himself.
- Hurley: Cursed
- Sawyer: Travels halfway across the world to kill someone. Con man career.
- Libby: Mental issues.
- Ana Lucia: Kills people cause she doesn't like them. Is also a bitch
- Jin: Beats up people for father in law.
- Sun: Possibly cheats on hubby
- Eko: Kills people. Gets brother killed too. Drug trafficker.
- Sayid: Tortured people for a living.
- Claire: Gets pregnant out of weblock
- Boone: Wants to sleep with sister
- Shannon: Slept with brother
- Bernard: Marries black chick

You know, you could make a very interesting mini series show if this plane had actually landed and they'd shown scenes from when they were going through immigration. Come to think of it, it would be more fun than season 2.

Mon May 08, 2006 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

Mon May 08, 2006 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 105  Next