Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 105  Next
 The 'Lost' Thread (Season 2) 
loyalfromlondon

The episode summaries for episodes 2.21 (?) and 2.22 (Three Minutes) are up at TV.com, but I'm not sure if they're accurate. There's nothing up on ABC or Spoilerfix, but I'll post them anyway, just because they're interesting:

[spoil]2.21 ?: Recovering from his recent injury, Locke joins Eko in a search for the location marked by a "?" on the mysterious map. Their discovery reveals a startling secret about the island and the purpose of the hatch.[/spoil]

[spoil]2.22 Three Minutes: With Locke away, Jack is left in charge of the hatch and must decide if he should believe Henry and not push the button, risking everyone's safety. Meanwhile, the events that happened to Micheal after he left are finally revealed.[/spoil]

They do seem kinda fake, but also plausible. It's possible that "?" is Eko-centric based on this.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 pm
Eko, a former warlord, has found spiritual cleansing on the island and has (apparnetly) found peace that he didn't have in Nigeria. Charlie has found a little bit of clarity and a bit of a separation from drugs (even though he has some on stand by) and has found his own faith again (he was going to be a priest before going away to be in the band). He's also found the father figure he seems to require.

But still, how is that a reason for staying? Though, nice thoughts, and can't say that I disagree with them...just not that they would rather stay because of that. And finding father figure is a bit too much, nothing suggest that in that limited screen time they had together. Could say the same for Locke, Sayid, maybe even Sawyer.

Quote:
Are Charlie and Eko that scared of the monster? It let them live. It let Locke live too.

Others don't know that. They know loud 'force' that is ripping the trees not even hundred meters from them and that masacred the pilot. But yes, noone seemed scared anymore, one more thing that pisses me off. :(

Quote:
Or they just realized how futile it is.

That would be fine, but yet writers made it look like it was Bernard

Quote:
On a silent island? In the night? Nobody picks up a plane flying over the island?

It already did happen, and none of them heard or seen the plane. And let's say the plane should be a bit bigger than drug one, how loud are they anyway? Would someone really hear one from mile, two distance? Maybe even rain was falling.

Quote:
Isn't building "better shelter" against what you just complained about? Not working to get off the island?

Eh, not exactly what I meant. What I mean, when they don't work on getting rescued, why not doing some other logical things, like shelters. Look where they live, and what sense is to build food shelves, or dinning tables rather than better place to live? Especially when that never coming monsoon season is on the way (already there? eh, who knows...).

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:11 pm
---------

Wouldn't you want to stay on that island?? I actually would. It is a large group of people, and it is the perfect setting. Bad stuff only happens rarely. Eko wasn't attached to anyone in the real world, so he had no reason to leave. Michael is the only yet to still want to leave, and I'm sure he will change his decision pretty quickly after he maybe rescues Walt. I mean he even considered it at the end of Season 1 and was very sincere about it. Sun and Jin might not want to raise a baby on the island, but I think they've found peace here as well. I'm just surprised Claire's not more vocal about wanting to leave. She must really like the beach.

OH, and what's with the rain on the inside of the island and not on the outside? It's been like that in a lot of episodes, never knew why. Is that .. normal?

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:21 pm
You must have big rats

Just caught the last episode. Pretty good. I gotta say the whole "I'm dying" thing was surprising and the fact that she knew about Locke's walking inability all the time was interesting. Can't wait for the next episodes.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

You know what small thing is starting to bug me about this show?

No? Not even going to guess???? Fine...

It's that nobody tells anybody anything. Rose knows Locke was in a wheelchair before the crash, but doesn't tell her husband? Kate knows the "others" are just putting on a show, but only tells Jack days after the fact. Locke doesn't tell anybody about the secret map on the wall, or the fact that "Henry" claims not to have pushed the button? WTF?

Hell if those things happened to me, I'd be telling anybody and everybody...

Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:28 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

It's that nobody tells anybody anything. Rose knows Locke was in a wheelchair before the crash, but doesn't tell her husband? Kate knows the "others" are just putting on a show, but only tells Jack days after the fact. Locke doesn't tell anybody about the secret map on the wall, or the fact that "Henry" claims not to have pushed the button? WTF?

I gotta admit. That's been pissing me off a bit lately. Claire's amnesia was a big deal for a while. Now she's remembered everything - including a few important things it wouldn't hurt for people to know (the surgical team for one) - she hasn't bloody told anyone.

I could kinda understand Kate not telling Jack about the beard and costumes, but only if she was actively doing something about them herself. Like investigating the matter further. Going back to the hatch. Trying to figure out why the others wear disguises. Instead she just kinda sat on the information and fooled around with Sawyer on the beach.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:34 am
You guys act like you never been stranded on an island like that.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:45 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

You guys act like you never been stranded on an island like that.

Very true, but I watched every episode of Gilligan's Island, so I know what I'm talking about. From that show I learned that Gilligan told everybody everything. If he saw a talking monkey, he'd tell the Skipper. That strategy seemed to work for those Castaways much better than the Lost ones.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:07 pm
Lord of filth

04.26.2006 2xXX: Lost: Reckoning
05.03.2006 2x20: Two for the Road (Ana-Lucia)
05.10.2006 2x21: ? (Eko)
05.17.2006 2x22: Three Minutes (Michael)
05.25.2006 2x23: Live Together, Die Alone (DESMOND CENTRIC)

Desmond has a Libby connection. 2-hr finale.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Speaking of Libby, Cynthia Watros has joined the pilot of CBS' sitcom My Ex-Life with Tom Cavanagh.

Ominous.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:54 pm
Lord of filth

Speaking of Libby, Cynthia Watros has joined the pilot of CBS' sitcom My Ex-Life with Tom Cavanagh.

Ominous.

I dunno. Tom Cavanagh did Love Monkey and Scrubs at the same time, and will probably juggle Scrubs with this new show, so I don't see why Watros, who is a much smaller piece of Lost than Cavanagh of his shows, would have a problem.

Someone WAS supposed to die before the season end though, and the Libby episode was pushed off until Season 3 (rumored) so maybe Libby is the one who is going to die?

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

HOLY CRAP!!!

04.26.2006 2xXX: Lost: Reckoning
05.03.2006 2x20: Two for the Road (Ana-Lucia)
05.10.2006 2x21: ? (Eko)
05.17.2006 2x22: Three Minutes (Michael)
05.25.2006 2x23: Live Together, Die Alone (DESMOND CENTRIC)

Desmond has a Libby connection. 2-hr finale.

Desmond, eh? Interesting.

Ana-Lucia, eh? Not so much.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:18 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

I could kinda understand Kate not telling Jack about the beard and costumes, but only if she was actively doing something about them herself. Like investigating the matter further. Going back to the hatch. Trying to figure out why the others wear disguises. Instead she just kinda sat on the information and fooled around with Sawyer on the beach.

All good points... which reminds me - is it just me, or is Kate kind of coming off like just a gigantic slut?

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:29 pm
life begins now

Tonight's episode is a repeat, then? Or a clip show thing?

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:45 pm
Profile YIM

shh shh, go to sleep.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:51 pm
Lord of filth

Lost is not on tonight, they are doing a 2 hour Alias thing.

Then next week is a recap show, followed by episodes 20-23 in a row.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm looking forward to the Ana-Lucia one and hoping that they don't kill her off.
The Eko one better be something important or else it's a waste.
I hate Michael and his flashbacks but considering this will be integral to the plot (unlike his first one this season) I'm looking forward to it.

The Desmond finale is quite intriguing. They said he would be back but I didn't think they'd wait this long. Oh well. I hope it gets gooooood because overall this season has been a downer from the first even though it started off better.

So, in season 2 we got only 1 Kate episode!
We got only 1 Charlie episode!
We got only 1 Sawyer episode!

I expect the beginning line-up for Season 3 to consist of... Jack, Kate, Charlie, Libby, Sawyer, and Sayid.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:24 pm
life begins now

Chris wrote:

Lost is not on tonight, they are doing a 2 hour Alias thing.

Then next week is a recap show, followed by episodes 20-23 in a row.

Thanks!

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:25 pm
Profile YIM
Draughty

If anyone cares, spoilerfix.com is updated with all sorts of lost tidbits including how many deaths may happen the rest of this season and more info on the finale. I read a couple of things but not all of it. If you post in here that's fine but probably best to use the spoiler tags.

This show has slipped a lot to me, it's now about the 5th or 6th favorite, no longer first. Earl, Office, 24, Colbert come before it.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

Quote:
John Terry as Christian Shephard

Maybe the baby is Jack's father's ;)

Also, regarding Libby:

[spoil]Spoilerfix's sources say Libby will not return next season[/spoil]

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

BTW in the Ana-Lucia episode:

Quote:
John Terry as Christian Shephard

Maybe the baby is Jack's father's ;)

Also, regarding Libby:

[spoil]Spoilerfix's sources say Libby will not return next season[/spoil]

[spoil]I guess Libby's one of the two deaths that will happen before the end of the season. She hasn't even had a flashback, and she's gone already? That's weird. If the other death is Ana-Lucia, then the whole tail section sub-plot will have been for naught.[/spoil]

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:47 pm
Lord of filth

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

I don't think Ana will. I suspect Jack might. They originally intended in the pilot for Jack to die and Kate to lead, maybe they are going to go back to that original concept.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
I cannot express how much i would LOOOOOOVE if jack got killed. Yes, we would still be stuck with ana-the-idiot, but she would have no back up. I want jack to die, and Kate to take the spotlight. I know that if jack were to die then Kate would still not be the bossman, but neither would ana. Locke and Sayid could run things, Sun is also very smart and level-headed so she could be part of the troika.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:19 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

If Jack dies, I'll be amazed. In a good way.

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 105  Next