Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Firefox 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Firefox 

Post Firefox

Quote:
Firefox is a 1982 American action film produced, directed by, and starring Clint Eastwood. It was based on a 1977 novel with the same name written by Craig Thomas.

Russian filming locations were not possible due to the Cold War, forcing Eastwood's and Fritz Manes's Malpaso Company to rely on Vienna and other locations in Austria to simulate many of the Eurasian story locations. The film was shot on a $21 million budget.

Wed May 16, 2007 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

It's Cold War Commie throwback time as Clint Eastwood is sent behind enemy lines to steal the nifty new Soviet Fighter Plane. Yup its the 80s and its Eastwood, this calls for.........

Evil Communists around every corner.
Evil Soviet Army commanders forcing helpless scientists to build the new fighter plane. Damn them I say!!!
A Polish dude with a mustache that would cut steel helping Eastwood in his mission.
Eastwood getting asked for "Papers" at every turn. You need to take a piss? Papers Now!!!
Fighter Plane sections that give a sensation of speed by speeding up the film.
Eastwood Topless, he's quite a hairy man.

Yup its pretty silly stuff but its entertaining and fast paced while it goes about it. This was Eastwood back when he didn't care about Oscars and just wanted to entertain, oh how I miss that guy!!

Fire those afterburners again Clint.

B+

Wed May 16, 2007 7:10 pm
now we know

Post Re: Firefox
This is such a terrible film, and not like a typical Clint film in the slightest. It's even bad for a film he made before he got all awards-worthy and respected. More than anything else it is quite boring. But there are many issues, not least the special effects. I know it was 1982 but that is no excuse for such obvious use of a screen while Eastwood walks near Red Square. Just don't add that scene and the film is instantly improved. And the Star Wars inspired fighter jet battle at the end is both lame and very badly shot. Last but not least is Clint talking Russian, lol. And overall I just think the plot is unneeded. I know it's the cold war but that doesn't make it right to go into another country and steal their technology. The US should have developed their own.

Thu May 30, 2019 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]