Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Wednesday 5/9 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Wednesday 5/9 Ratings
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/65510705

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 17.0/26
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 9.2/14
3. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 9.0/14
4. "Lost" (ABC) 8.0/13
5. "Bones" (FOX) 7.4/12
6. "Medium" (NBC) 5.6/9
7. "Jericho (Season finale)" (CBS) 5.0/8
8. "According to Jim" (ABC) 4.3/7
9. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.1/7
10. "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) 4.1/6
11. "Thank God You're Here" (NBC) 3.9/7
12. "Notes From the Underbelly" (ABC) 3.6/6
13. "According to Jim" (R, ABC) 3.4/5
14. "George Lopez" (R, ABC) 3.1/5
15. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 2.1/3

Total Viewers

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 27.43
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 12.82
3. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 12.69
4. "Lost" (ABC) 11.89
5. "Bones" (FOX) 10.02
6. "Medium" (NBC) 7.79
7. "Jericho (Season finale)" (CBS) 7.77
8. "According to Jim" (ABC) 6.32
9. "Notes From the Underbelly" (ABC) 5.78
10. "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) 5.39
11. "Thank God You're Here" (NBC) 5.26
12. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.94
13. "According to Jim" (R, ABC) 4.60
14. "George Lopez" (R, ABC) 4.46
15. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 2.95

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu May 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Thu May 10, 2007 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

thta was the season finale of Jericho...

My guess is SERIES finale.

Thu May 10, 2007 12:37 pm
Devil's Advocate

Thu May 10, 2007 1:48 pm
Stanley Cup

Mannyisthebest wrote:

lets hope not

Thu May 10, 2007 1:57 pm
Forum General

I just don't get it. Lost is better than it's ever been and word of mouth is incredibly positive the past 2 months... you'd think it would go up at least a million or two viewers. How discouraging for quality shows that are suffering in the ratings.

First Shark and now Jericho end their season with very low viewership compared to the rest of their respective season.

Thu May 10, 2007 2:10 pm
Forum General

jujubee wrote:
Mannyisthebest wrote:

lets hope not

Well, I hear CBS has a ton of drama pilots that worked out well. They probably won't be saving any dramas that get below their network average.

Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm officially predicting that CBS is dethroned next year. The crime shows are going to fall even more next year, CSI: NY and etc. should average like 11-12 mil viewers if that. I don't think it'll pull an NBC, but I could see ABC or Fox beating them finally.

Thu May 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Forum General

I'm officially predicting that CBS is dethroned next year. The crime shows are going to fall even more next year, CSI: NY and etc. should average like 11-12 mil viewers if that. I don't think it'll pull an NBC, but I could see ABC or Fox beating them finally.

I think CBS realizes that the crime shows are on their way out. They have several serials in development.

Thu May 10, 2007 2:35 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

I just don't get it. Lost is better than it's ever been and word of mouth is incredibly positive the past 2 months... you'd think it would go up at least a million or two viewers. How discouraging for quality shows that are suffering in the ratings.

Probably a lot of people are like me... I quit watching it this year, and even though I heard it's getting better it's way too late to try to jump in again after missing so many shows. It's not a show that you can jump out of and then jump back into.

Thu May 10, 2007 2:40 pm
Squee

This is why I don't want 3 seasons. I want 2! I want to make SURE they finish the series!

:glare:

Thu May 10, 2007 2:53 pm
You must have big rats

First Shark and now Jericho end their season with very low viewership compared to the rest of their respective season.

If WoM is really that great (Haven't been reading much about it recently msyelf), then my guess is that the ratings will increase next season after people will catch up with this season on DVD and through downloads in the summer/fall.

Thu May 10, 2007 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Fucking die CM and CSI: NY :D

Do you even watch either one? I doubt it. I don't watch any of the CSIs but Criminal Minds is a good show. It's very much like a horror movie and I love horror movies.

I'm actually surprised its ratings are as good as they are since horror movies themselves seem less popular these days.

Last edited by Harry Warden on Thu May 10, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 10, 2007 3:51 pm
Draughty

Raffiki wrote:

If WoM is really that great (Haven't been reading much about it recently msyelf), then my guess is that the ratings will increase next season after people will catch up with this season on DVD and through downloads in the summer/fall.
Lecter, I'd like to hear your take on this last episode when you get a chance to see it. I mean more than just a grade if possible.

Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Raffiki wrote:

Lecter, I'd like to hear your take on this last episode when you get a chance to see it. I mean more than just a grade if possible.

I am currently in the process of catching up. It's not just my presence here that has been severly diminished, but to the same ratio my overall time online and at the computer, so I really don't have much time for the TV shows and whenever I have some time I watch a batch of the recent episodes at once. Make sure you take a peak into the Lost thread, I'll post my overall thoughts there once I caught up with you guys again. Just finished the 17th episode and started the 18th...

Thu May 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

My sense among people I know as to why more don't watch Lost is that it is seen as too depressing and episodes like last night's are not going to help with that. It's seen as dark and gloomy and people will only put up with that for so long.

On the other hand, I read an article recently that ratings are down across the board this spring and that is probably affecting lost as well. More and more people are watching shows online or on itunes or very delayed on dvr.

Thu May 10, 2007 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

On the other hand, I read an article recently that ratings are down across the board this spring and that is probably affecting lost as well. More and more people are watching shows online or on itunes or very delayed on dvr.

This spring, total viewers for the big four is 2.5 million less than last spring.

Thu May 10, 2007 4:54 pm
Begging Naked

Apparently DVRs for it are also way up from the fall, indicating it's just too late for some. If it was on at 9 it might be at 13-14 million.

Thu May 10, 2007 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Does anyone know the link or have a quick list of the most DVR'd shows (and viewed within the week of the episode's original airdate)? I'm remember Lost, House, 24, etc. getting anywhere from 1 to 2.5 million additional viewers.

Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 pm
life begins now

I read an article somewhere that says CBS is gonna try something new and take a few risks. About time too considering what they've given us the past few years.

If Lost moves back to 8 next year, I'm sure the ratings will go back up as well. Even 9 would help.

Thu May 10, 2007 8:50 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Raffiki wrote:

Probably a lot of people are like me... I quit watching it this year, and even though I heard it's getting better it's way too late to try to jump in again after missing so many shows. It's not a show that you can jump out of and then jump back into.

Yeah, that's about where I am.

Though I'd still like to catch up.

Fri May 11, 2007 3:33 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Remember that they show recent episodes for free at abc.com. You can go there later on and watch the last two or three and see whether you think it's worth your time to catch up.

Fri May 11, 2007 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]