Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Wednesday 4/18 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Wednesday 4/18 Ratings
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/32010964

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 18.0/27
2. "Lost" (ABC) 8.0/13
3. "CSI: NY" (R, CBS) 7.3/12
4. "Criminal Minds" (R, CBS) 6.5/10
5. "Bones" (R, FOX) 6.2/10
6. "Thank God You're Here" (NBC) 5.2/8
7. "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) 5.1/8
8. "Jericho" (CBS) 4.8/8
9. "According to Jim" (ABC) 4.7/7
10. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.5/7
11. "Medium" (R, NBC) 4.4/7
12. "Notes From the Underbelly" (ABC) 4.1/6
13. "Lost" (R, ABC) 3.0/4
14. "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll" (R, CW) 2.4/4

Total Viewers

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 28.18
2. "Lost" (ABC) 11.75
3. "CSI: NY" (R, CBS) 11.05
4. "Criminal Minds" (R, CBS) 10.48
5. "Bones" (R, FOX) 7.91
6. "Jericho" (CBS) 7.78
7. "Thank God You're Here" (NBC) 7.17
8. "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) 6.85
9. "According to Jim" (ABC) 6.69
10. "Notes From the Underbelly" (ABC) 6.57
11. "Medium" (R, NBC) 5.96
12. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 5.19
13. "Lost" (R, ABC) 3.98
14. "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll" (R, CW) 3.07

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Phew! I'm fine with those ratings for NOTES. It didn't drop that badly from the premiere, and it had a shitty lead-in, but managed to keep most of its audience.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:05 pm
New Server, Same X

Phew! I'm fine with those ratings for NOTES. It didn't drop that badly from the premiere, and it had a shitty lead-in, but managed to keep most of its audience.

Not to mention the extra shitty lead-out. I don't know if it's enough for a renewal, though. Sadly. It's a good show.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:41 pm
Stanley Cup

mark put it as a loser, not surprised. Go Lost second highest rated show of the night.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:35 pm
Wallflower

Speaking of loser, that's what LOST is. My god how the ratings have changed. It's doing pathetic this season.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 pm
Draughty

Nah Lost is not doing pathetic. It's ratings are about the same as 24 and nobody calls 24's pathetic. Is Ugly Betty doing pathetic? Lost is outperforming that show.

Of course Lost is down from before, but that doesn't mean it's doing horribly, it's just an average sized hit now, instead of a superhit.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Nah Lost is not doing pathetic. It's ratings are about the same as 24 and nobody calls 24's pathetic. Is Ugly Betty doing pathetic? Lost is outperforming that show.

Is it?

But anyway, the difference is how far Lost has fallen. And 11 mil is only considered any sized hit on Fox. 11 mil is a decent audience, but in no way a hit.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Sbil

Speaking of loser, that's what LOST is. My god how the ratings have changed. It's doing pathetic this season.

It is certainly not doing pathetic, sir.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:51 pm
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:

Is it?
Yes, I didn't just post that randomly. I went to the thursday ratings threads and looked up some ratings for new ugly betty episodes. Had to go back to late march, apparently there's a lot of reruns lately. 10.47m and 10.77m viewers for UB new episodes. And people consider that show to be a success.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

jujubee wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:

Is it?
Yes, I didn't just post that randomly. I went to the thursday ratings threads and looked up some ratings for new ugly betty episodes. Had to go back to late march, apparently there's a lot of reruns lately. 10.47m and 10.77m viewers for UB new episodes. And people consider that show to be a success.

Because it's the only new show ABC launched that has done well. Also, I think the first half of the season, when it was closer to 14 mil is when it was actually considered a hit. I haven't heard anyone sayng how great it's doing now.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Superman: The Movie

What's with According to Jim's 1.5 increase from last week?

I can't say I surprised by Medium. Last night's episode was somewhat bizzare. I didn't watch it, but I had it on in the background and every five minutes on the show, they would repeat that Corinne Bailey Rae song over and over again.

The show has been struggling all season long in the ratings, and I think this rating signals the end.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I can't say I surprised by Medium. Last night's episode was somewhat bizzare. I didn't watch it, but I had it on in the background and every five minutes on the show, they would repeat that Corinne Bailey Rae song over and over again.

The show has been struggling all season long in the ratings, and I think this rating signals the end.

Medium aired a repeat last night.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:12 am
Wallflower

Archie Gates wrote:

Is it?

But anyway, the difference is how far Lost has fallen. And 11 mil is only considered any sized hit on Fox. 11 mil is a decent audience, but in no way a hit.

Exactly. 11 Million is fine for Fox, but considering Lost used to be HUGE and everyone and their grandma watched it, I'd say its ratings now are pathetic. Plus, 24 was never HUGE like Lost.

Ugly Betty doesn't have the appeal of Lost so Ugly Betty is doing fine. It's nothing amazing, and the show was performing better (but I think most shows taking breaks for a few weeks end up returning to lower ratings), but it's much cheaper to make than Lost, and Ugly Betty skews more female while Lost appeals to both men and women. Yet ratings aren't much higher than Betty's.

Last edited by Magic Mike on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:19 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I can see what Mike is getting at. Its quite a drop for a show that use to be getting 19-20 million viewers and then to have it drop all the way down to 11 million in just under 1 season and a half. But then again everything else is down on ABC except for 2 shows.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:22 am
Superman: The Movie

jmart007 wrote:

Medium aired a repeat last night.

I'm tired. :funny:

It still doesn't take away from the fact though that the show is most likely getting cancelled, and that the episode was very stupid. ;)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:31 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Of course Lost is down from before, but that doesn't mean it's doing horribly, it's just an average sized hit now, instead of a superhit.

most expensive show on television right now. Not getting the best bang for its buck really.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:46 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Archie Gates wrote:

most expensive show on television right now. Not getting the best bang for its buck really.

It is also probably the biggest DVD-seller among all TV shows too.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Archie Gates wrote:

There's more to ratings than just the main number. There's also demographics of not only age but income. If a show has a higher average income of viewers it helps sell it to advertisers. Desperate Housewives and The Office currently lead TV in that demographic, which is one reason they are so important to their networks. I don't know where Lost fits in but it seems pretty likely it's high up there.

Edit:

From this Media Life article:

Quote:
More telling, “Scrubs” ranks only No. 51 among 18-49s but No. 6 in affluence with a median of $68,000, tied with ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Lost” and NBC’s “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,” which is partly why it is remarkably in its sixth season despite never having been more than a modest performer for NBC.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:09 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

LOST charges higher based on former success, not current performance, It needs to buck its act up because next season prices WILL drop unless people start watching it again. Its second season was wayyy above most shows in terms of affleunce, but it was justly so because it's such an expensive programme to produce.

I agree with you though, if people are really worried about how well a shows doing, they should be looking at 18-49s, because thats where the money is

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

I know about ad relevant demographics.

LOST charges higher based on former success, not current performance, It needs to buck its act up because next season prices WILL drop unless people start watching it again. Its second season was wayyy above most shows in terms of affleunce, but it was justly so because it's such an expensive programme to produce.

I agree with you though, if people are really worried about how well a shows doing, they should be looking at 18-49s, because thats where the money is
It's act is as bucked up as it can get unless the network moves it to an earlier time slot. Qualitywise it is back on track.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

DVD sales is a great incentive for the studio to offer Lost to ABC for cheaper, even if it is at a loss, initially. Therefore, there's no worry at all about at least two or three more seasons. The problem is that advertisers are paying ABC at rates set last season, rates which it no longer lives up to. While ABC is not losing money right now, the advertisers will expect to get deals on other things to make up for this season of Lost.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:01 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Ugly Betty is borderline crap right now. Too many crazy characters and plots. not surprised it's not building an audience.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:22 pm
Forum General

Ugly Betty is borderline crap right now. Too many crazy characters and plots. not surprised it's not building an audience.

The writers revealed a couple months back that they almost directly cater to fan response on forums and what-not. They admit to changing storylines, leaving old plots with loose ends, shortening up other arcs purely because fans didn't like the direction.

I think taking in public satisfaction/response is an important factor as to where the show is going but I was completely shocked to read how much they changed. So now it feels as though there is no direct sense of direction. People complained about Lost but this is much more serious.

And they are getting wayyy to out there/liberal/gay for an 8pm "family" dramedy. It's too much for their own good. They are definitely limiting their audience. It's going to finish the season with a lower average than Brothers and Sisters (which would be below 11 million) if it keeps going like this. And that sucks because I think they could ahve used a modest hit like Ugly Betty to anchor another night next season. But it looks like it won't be that beneficial.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:21 pm
problem?

And they are getting wayyy to out there/liberal/gay for an 8pm "family" dramedy. It's too much for their own good. They are definitely limiting their audience. It's going to finish the season with a lower average than Brothers and Sisters (which would be below 11 million) if it keeps going like this. And that sucks because I think they could ahve used a modest hit like Ugly Betty to anchor another night next season. But it looks like it won't be that beneficial.

Yeah, foot fetishes are kinda out there for a family, and Willie acting all slutty and whorey.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:02 am
Devil's Advocate

Lost's issue right now is that while the quality is up, if you haven't been watching the show for a while, it's almost impossible for these people to jump back in... It's pretty much at a fan-only place right now. I think that's why S1 did so much better, with most of the episodes being fairly stand alone and individual character-revealing, jumping in wasn't hard. It is now.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]