Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Wednesday 3/21 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Wednesday 3/21 Ratings
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/96810904

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 17.2/26
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 10.5/16
3. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 9.8/16
4. "'Til Death" (FOX) 9.2/14
5. "Lost" (ABC) 8.0/13
6. "Survivor: Fiji" (CBS) 7.7/13
7. "Bones" (FOX) 7.4/12
8. "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) 4.7/7
9. "George Lopez" (ABC) 4.6/8
10. "Medium" (R, NBC) 4.5/7
11. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.3/7
12. "According to Jim" (R, ABC) 4.1/7
13. "Friday Night Lights" (NBC) 3.5/6
14. "In Case of Emergency" (ABC) 3.4/5
15. "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll" (R, CW) 2.7/4

Total Viewers

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 26.34
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 15.13
3. "'Til Death" (FOX) 14.65
4. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 13.63
5. "Survivor: Fiji" (CBS) 12.68
6. "Lost" (ABC) 11.97
7. "Bones" (FOX) 10.30
8. "George Lopez" (ABC) 6.25
9. "Crossing Jordan" (NBC) 6.13
10. "Medium" (R, NBC) 5.91
11. "According to Jim" (R, ABC) 5.90
12. "Friday Night Lights" (NBC) 5.46
13. "In Case of Emergency" (ABC) 5.15
14. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 5.01
15. "The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll" (R, CW) 3.13

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

'Til Death actually increased. Just to spite Mr. X.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:11 pm
New Server, Same X

Til Death is pretty much a shoo-in for renewal, even with horrible retention in the low 50s out of Idol. FOX needs more live-action sitcoms, and right now, this is all they have (with War at Home pretty much dead on Sundays at 7).

It's too bad that the sitcom is on life support. ABC has nothing, CW has "Everybody Hates Chris" and a bunch of underperformers, NBC has average-rated sitcoms in Earl and Office and two low-rated sitcoms (Scrubs and 30 Rock), and CBS now only has two successes (Two and a Half Men and Rules of Engagement) with HIMYM and Christine doing bad numbers this past week at 8pm. Going by actual TV ratings, the only hit is Two and a Half Men. Earl and The Office have the 18-49 demographic, but I hardly consider 9-10 million a big hit, especially considering sitcoms used to get three times that much not too long ago.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 pm
Begging Naked

And Marc WATCHES it. And was giving advice to the writers like he was a fan. God that man has terrible taste.

And Lost...oy. ABC should just cancel In Case of Emergency and put Lost encores there. It would certainly help somewhat. Although apparently the TiVo numbers for Lost are actually up from the fall, so the timeslot has a LOT to do with it. It's so moving back to 8 next season.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

ValleyGuyChristian wrote:

And Marc WATCHES it. And was giving advice to the writers like he was a fan.

I remembered that show is on the list of programs that college students on residence watch the most. :|

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:29 pm
Forum General

I thought Lost's ratings had stabilized but I guess not. LAst week's overnights were around a third of a million viewers lower than the actuals. And last week's was a great episode, I thought more people would tune in this week. I'm starting to wonder how many viewers the finale will pull in... 14-15 million max?

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well I think Brad Garrett's plug-ins are helping Till Death, though there's no way it'll survive without Idol.

The problem with the sitcom right now is all the material being released is terrible. Till Death, War At Home, Rules of Engagement, Christine, George Lopez, they're all forgettable rehash sitcoms at best. Even How I Met Your Mother is still in need of just a little more hook, and The Class is rough around the edges to all hell, though I honestly believe those 2 would have the most potential if given the chance. Two and a Half Men is the only genuine hit, and even that... it's watchable but still nowhere near a top notch for the genre. The sitcom just needs a show on the quality level of Friends or Will and Grace to come out, and people will watch it. It won't completley die for a while, because of how much Seinfield, Friends, etc. reruns are beloved, but still. It needs creative writing.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm
The Wall

Why is CW wasting ANTM lead in for a repeat of the Pussycat show???? It's dumb! They have two or three shows that pull decent ratings and they need to launch as much shows as they can and use every possible support for them. With 2 new shows every season its doubtful if the CW will ever be anything more than a netlet like The WB and UPN were...

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Why is CW wasting ANTM lead in for a repeat of the Pussycat show???? It's dumb! They have two or three shows that pull decent ratings and they need to launch as much shows as they can and use every possible support for them. With 2 new shows every season its doubtful if the CW will ever be anything more than a netlet like The WB and UPN were...

They should just keep Pussycat Dolls on after it. It's performing better than it is on Tuesdays, actually, and doing better than One Tree Hill was doing in the same timeslot I believe.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:35 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

10PM is too late for lost. I know several people who can't stay up late enough to watch it and just watch through TIVO or Itunes. I think they need to move it back to 8PM, next season.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

10PM is too late for lost. I know several people who can't stay up late enough to watch it and just watch through TIVO or Itunes. I think they need to move it back to 8PM, next season.

I love Lost, but it's a bit too intricate of a show to be on at 10 PM, at least for me.

I can pretty easily watch something fairly uncomplicated and straightforward like Law & Order SVU at 10, but by the time 10 rolls around, I get more confused than I used to when I watch Lost.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

I also think the move to 10 has hurt Lost probably more than anything else.

Though honestly, for me the hours go 9-10-11 instead of 8-9-10, so a 10:00 air-time is perfectly normal in terms of my tv watching, though I can understand people not being used to it. For me that means Lost airs at 11:00-12:00, friggin brutal... have to tape and watch next day every week.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:09 pm
loyalfromlondon

Though honestly, for me the hours go 9-10-11 instead of 8-9-10, so a 10:00 air-time is perfectly normal in terms of my tv watching, though I can understand people not being used to it. For me that means Lost airs at 11:00-12:00, friggin brutal... have to tape and watch next day every week.

For me, Lost is on at 9 on CTV. Aren't you in the same time zone as me?

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:52 pm
The 5th B-Sharp

Yeah Lost is on too late, I watched it last night at 10 for the first Time I've Tivo'd it every other time.

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:15 pm
Wallflower

Donnie Darko wrote:

They should just keep Pussycat Dolls on after it. It's performing better than it is on Tuesdays, actually, and doing better than One Tree Hill was doing in the same timeslot I believe.

They should. The reruns always do just as much if not more than the new episodes when they aired, sadly. Veronica Mars better not get cancelled and they keep this stupid show :cry:.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:08 am
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:

For me, Lost is on at 9 on CTV. Aren't you in the same time zone as me?

I generally watch ABC/NBC/etc. regular American programming over Canadian CTV/Global(I get both), next week I think I'll be able to start watching Lost at 9 on CTV for the first time I believe, AI and Survivor have overcrowded it at 9:00 in the past nearly every week, and I generally watch those with my parents, so they've gotten the upper hand.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:17 am
The Wall

thompsoncory wrote:
Donnie Darko wrote:

They should. The reruns always do just as much if not more than the new episodes when they aired, sadly. Veronica Mars better not get cancelled and they keep this stupid show :cry:.

What? They're going to pick a new Pussycat every year??? This is one season reality show, or at least I understood it will last only one season.

The point of my post was to say that they're wasting their best time slots for repeats and they don't even bother with launching new shows. They desperately need a hit. Their most watched shows are veterans, and they won't be able to stretch GG, Smallville, 7th Heaven stories for much long. They'll just ruin these stories. Much like GG this season.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Mike wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:
Donnie Darko wrote:

What? They're going to pick a new Pussycat every year??? This is one season reality show, or at least I understood it will last only one season.

The point of my post was to say that they're wasting their best time slots for repeats and they don't even bother with launching new shows. They desperately need a hit. Their most watched shows are veterans, and they won't be able to stretch GG, Smallville, 7th Heaven stories for much long. They'll just ruin these stories. Much like GG this season.

GG is over. They can't get Bledel to sign, and Graham refuses to sign without her. 7th Heaven is over, too, since its ratings have been rather crap this season. Smallville will only be around one more season since Rosenbaum has said he's done. But CW knows all this. Next season is going to be more than 50% new shows, I believe.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]