Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Wednesday 1/31 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Wednesday 1/31 Ratings
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/40610313

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 19.0/27
2. "Bones" (FOX) 8.5/13
3. "Medium" (NBC) 7.2/11
4. "CSI: NY" (R, CBS) 6.8/11
5. "Deal or No Deal" (NBC) 6.8/10
6. "Criminal Minds" (R, CBS) 6.8/10
7. "CSI: NY" (R, CBS) 5.7/9
8. "George Lopez" (ABC) 5.3/8
9. "Primetime Live" (ABC) 5.0/7
10. "Friday Night Lights" (NBC) 4.0/6
11. "According to Jim" (ABC) 3.7/5
12. "The Knights of Prosperity" (ABC) 3.3/5
13. "Beauty and the Geek" (CW) 3.1/5
14. "In Case of Emergency" (ABC) 2.9/4
15. "One Tree Hill" (R, CW) 1.2/2

Total Viewers

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 31.45
2. "Bones" (FOX) 12.56
3. "Deal or No Deal" (NBC) 11.42
4. "CSI: NY" (R, CBS) 10.61
5. "Medium" (NBC) 9.83
6. "Criminal Minds" (R, CBS) 9.71
7. "CSI: NY" (R, CBS) 8.55
8. "George Lopez" (ABC) 7.82
9. "Friday Night Lights" (NBC) 6.86
10. "Primetime Live" (ABC) 6.05
11. "According to Jim" (ABC) 5.75
12. "The Knights of Prosperity" (ABC) 5.25
13. "In Case of Emergency" (ABC) 4.57
14. "Beauty and the Geek" (CW) 4.07
15. "One Tree Hill" (R, CW) 1.56

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

What is Bones' normal average? Obviously it got a boost from early tune in to Idol, but isn't it usually around 8 or 9mil?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:05 pm
Team Kris

What is Bones' normal average? Obviously it got a boost from early tune in to Idol, but isn't it usually around 8 or 9mil?

Yeah it was 7-8 then I think it increased to 9 million, one time in December...

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:06 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Talk about riding the coat tails of another show. The ratings though is nowhere as good as House after Idol

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 pm
Sbil

Talk about riding the coat tails of another show. The ratings though is nowhere as good as House after Idol

How can Bones be riding the cottails of Idol when it airs an hour earlier? That doesn't make sense.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:18 pm

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

How can Bones be riding the cottails of Idol when it airs an hour earlier? That doesn't make sense.

People leave the tv on. Sort of like the old bad NBC comedies that use to be squeezed in between Friends and Seinfield and as soon as you set them loose on another night, their ratings drop by more than half

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:28 pm
Sbil

Libs wrote:

People leave the tv on. Sort of like the old bad NBC comedies that use to be squeezed in between Friends and Seinfield and as soon as you set them loose on another night, their ratings drop by more than half

But your original point still doesn't make any sense. Obviously, there's some pre-tune in effect for Bones, but it can't be relying exclusively on Idol if it airs before Idol does. I mean, think about it.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:39 pm

But your original point still doesn't make any sense. Obviously, there's some pre-tune in effect for Bones, but it can't be relying exclusively on Idol if it airs before Idol does. I mean, think about it.

Nothing much anyone can get anything done around that hour while waiting for American Idol plus everything else on wednesday was pretty much a repeat. Im pretty much sure that half of the American Idol audience doesnt watch tv really on wednesday so yeah during that pre-hour before American Idol they pretty much have to watch something so why not stick with the same channel. Its not that unbelievable to say that Bones benefited from having an extra 1/3 of an audience when American Idol averages like 30 million people. Heck you can like throw Fastlane in there and it would probably just slightly average a little below what Bones at that time slot

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:46 pm
Sbil

Libs wrote:

Nothing much anyone can get anything done around that hour while waiting for American Idol plus everything else on wednesday was pretty much a repeat. Im pretty much sure that half of the American Idol audience doesnt watch tv really on wednesday so yeah during that pre-hour before American Idol they pretty much have to watch something so why not stick with the same channel. Its not that unbelievable to say that Bones benefited from having an extra 1/3 of an audience when American Idol averages like 30 million people

But you seem to be entirely discrediting Bones, which has always done fairly well, even without Idol.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:48 pm
Forum General

Libs wrote:

Nothing much anyone can get anything done around that hour while waiting for American Idol plus everything else on wednesday was pretty much a repeat. Im pretty much sure that half of the American Idol audience doesnt watch tv really on wednesday so yeah during that pre-hour before American Idol they pretty much have to watch something so why not stick with the same channel. Its not that unbelievable to say that Bones benefited from having an extra 1/3 of an audience when American Idol averages like 30 million people

But you seem to be entirely discrediting Bones, which has always done fairly well, even without Idol.

Fairly well for Fox. Meaning 7-8 mil on a regular basis. And repeats that don't fall too much lower than that. So it's definitely a good Fox show. But it's not normally a show that gets 12.5 mil. That has to do with Idol.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:51 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Libs wrote:

he has a point. I tuned in at 7 pm central thinking AI was on then but it wasn't. So I just left the stupid Bones on....

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:02 pm
Devil's Advocate

Bones also benefited from Fox pimping the hell out of it during the last couple weeks of Idol.

It still would've done wayy better if they aired after Idol though, I still don't get that decision. It's a month until half hour shows kick in... there's no point setting up the slot early.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:21 pm
Forum General

From what my brother, who sold ads for Fox up until a month ago, when he switched to ABC, tells me, Fox makes tons of money off local news at 10. So a huge lead in to that can't be bad.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:59 pm
Team Kris

From what my brother, who sold ads for Fox up until a month ago, when he switched to ABC, tells me, Fox makes tons of money off local news at 10. So a huge lead in to that can't be bad.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Fox's local programming (morning news shows and 10 PM news block) in the Los Angeles market gets pretty good ratings.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]