Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tuesday 1/30 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Tuesday 1/30 Ratings
Source: http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... m/91210113

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 19.3/28
2. "House" (FOX) 17.1/25
3. "NCIS" (R, CBS) 8.2/12
4. "Law & Order: SVU" (R, NBC) 7.0/11
5. "Boston Legal" (ABC) 6.6/11
6. "The Unit" (R, CBS) 6.0/9
7. "48 Hours Mystery" (CBS) 5.9/9
8. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (R, NBC) 5.8/8
9. "Dateline" (NBC) 4.6/7
10. "America's Funniest Home Videos" (R, ABC) 3.7/5
11. "Gilmore Girls" (CW) 3.3/5
12. "Big Day (Series Finale)" (ABC) 2.7/4
13. "The Knights of Prosperity" (R, ABC) 2.0/3
14. "Veronica Mars" (CW) 1.9/3

Total Viewers

1. "American Idol" (FOX) 33.29
2. "House" (FOX) 27.75
3. "NCIS" (R, CBS) 12.19
4. "Boston Legal" (ABC) 9.41
5. "The Unit" (R, CBS) 8.97
6. "48 Hours Mystery" (CBS) 8.76
7. "Law & Order: SVU" (R, NBC) 8.27
8. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (R, NBC) 6.58
9. "America's Funniest Home Videos" (R, ABC) 5.74
10. "Dateline" (NBC) 5.61
11. "Big Day (Series Finale)" (ABC) 4.29
12. "Gilmore Girls" (CW) 4.26
13. "The Knights of Prosperity" (R, ABC) 3.51
14. "Veronica Mars" (CW) 2.74

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:55 pm
Forum General

Well, now I can relax for the rest of the season. There will be no 11th hour renewal for Veronica Mars.

But I can't believe House retained that much! What was the retention for House's first epi after Idol last year?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:04 pm
Team Kris

Well, now I can relax for the rest of the season. There will be no 11th hour renewal for Veronica Mars.

But I can't believe House retained that much! What was the retention for House's first epi after Idol last year?

I was trying to find it on TV Tracker, but Berman was on hiatus... though I remember House around 22-23 million in February.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:21 pm
Forum General

Found it. http://abcmedianet.com/pressrel/dispDNR ... =021406_04

The first week back, Idol got 31.15 and House got 22.24. Retention of 71.4%. Last night was 83.4%. Crazy.

I'm still questioning whether the college ratings are counted yet or not. It's hard to tell with Idol, since it's a live performance (at least on the East Coast) so the numbers aren't very exact. A million or so could go either way in the final numbers. But it only went up by about 700,000 viewers from the final number for last week, and that could change drastically in the finals. I think Grey's will be the real test to see if they are counted in the fast nationals or not. It is supposedly the show that benefited the most during the test run.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:33 pm
Superman: The Movie

I'm glad Big Day tanked. I'm not sure if anyone else has followed the show (My mom was a fan so I caught a couple of episodes). It was an okay show, but the finale was a gigantic "fuck you" to the small "loyal" audience it might have had. I'm nto sure if the creators expected the show to return either during the summer or next winter, but the show ended with a cliffhanger featuring the groom's long lost mother coming in and putting a stop to the wedding. The ratings were horrible from the start, and the show was rushed to get to the finale, so I have to think this was intentional. I wouldn't have had a problem if it was clever, but it was just a cop-out.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I expect Bones will do pretty well tonight too, they've been marketing the hell out of its return during AI. And the ads have been solid too, good humor in them.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:46 pm
Some days I'm a super bitch

Found it. http://abcmedianet.com/pressrel/dispDNR ... =021406_04

The first week back, Idol got 31.15 and House got 22.24. Retention of 71.4%. Last night was 83.4%. Crazy.

Yeah, but pretty much everything else on the Big Four were reruns last night, so there wasn't that much competition. Not sure if that was the case last year.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

So... when do we expect an announcement about House moving to Thursdays? :sweat:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:48 pm
Orphan

House deserves the big numbers. Last night in particular was really good.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:36 pm
Forum General

Last night, House had the biggest ratings for a drama on Fox in 10 years.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:39 pm
New Server, Same X

Don't give up hope that easily. At least the retention from GG was better than it was before the break. I know that's not much.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:01 pm
life begins now

Was that the X-Files?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:34 pm
Profile YIM
Team Kris

jujubee wrote:

Was that the X-Files?

I'd assume too. 1995-97 was its heyday (for me, at least lol)

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:49 pm
Sbil

Goodness, Marc Berman is annoying as all get out. "For anyone who thinks House is riding on the cottails of American Idol..." Who in their right mind would think that when it can get 17 million on its own? Idiot.

But, anyway. Gigantic for House. And I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope they don't move it to Thursday or I will flip a shit.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:15 pm
Begging Naked

Goodness, Marc Berman is annoying as all get out. "For anyone who thinks House is riding on the cottails of American Idol..." Who in their right mind would think that when it can get 17 million on its own? Idiot.

Not to mention he's been using that line for THE LAST DAMN YEAR.

Anyway, yeah, kinda-sorta mindblowing for House. :wacko:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

jujubee wrote:

Was that the X-Files?

Yeah, that was for the post-superbowl episode of The X-Files, which scored a 17.2 ratings but that translated to about 25m viewers.

I think this episode of House might be the most watched drama in FOX history?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:38 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

But, anyway. Gigantic for House. And I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope they don't move it to Thursday or I will flip a shit.

27 million vs 17 million is quite a difference that would it not for AI, House could not achieve. so i don't see how he's statement is annoying. it's a crazy number for House. I totally give the credit to AI.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:42 pm
Forum General

It's the only smart thing for Fox to do. Put anything after Idol, and they are still going to win Tuesday. Thursday, they are always just sliver ahead of CW. Put House at 8 with that chef show after, and their Thursdays are actually performing. The only day left to worry about is Friday.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:56 pm
Sbil

Libs wrote:

27 million vs 17 million is quite a difference that would it not for AI, House could not achieve. so i don't see how he's statement is annoying. it's a crazy number for House. I totally give the credit to AI.

Well obviously it's a difference.

But it's unnecessary to emphasize that House isn't riding on Idol's cottails, I think everyone figured that out like two years ago.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:20 pm
Squee

Thank goodness for Idol's help in its first season, though. If I remember correctly House was getting ratings hovering around the 5.0 area until it was put on after Idol, which then propelled it to the successful show it is now. (though my memory could be wrong)

:glare:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:36 pm
Begging Naked

Thank goodness for Idol's help in its first season, though. If I remember correctly House was getting ratings hovering around the 5.0 area until it was put on after Idol, which then propelled it to the successful show it is now. (though my memory could be wrong)

Pre-Idol the show was getting 6-7M viewers. Even when it started airing after Idol it was getting only 12-14M, but then it started to grow almost weekly, peaking at its finale with almost 20M viewers. I think that alone shows that it wasn't just Idol that made it big, but the show itself.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

jujubee wrote:

Don't give up hope that easily. At least the retention from GG was better than it was before the break. I know that's not much.

Well, crap. I was feeling all peaceful and such, but then I read this:

Quote:
Veronica Mars ranked second in the hour among women 18-34 (2.3/6) with the show's second best delivery of the season in that demo.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Here is what I remember about House's history.

The show started in 2004, airing after a billionaire's reality show. That reality show sunk in the ratings, while a small medical show airing after it was going up about 60-70% in the ratings above its lead-in. The ratings weren't spectacular, but House built on its lead-in, so Fox gave it the post-Idol slot. It took the remainder of the season to gain respectable numbers (or big numbers, by Fox standards).

Last season, the show came back and did very well on its own. Again, good by network standards, HUGE by Fox standards. Once Idol returned, the ratings kept going back up, hitting 20+ million a week.

This season, the show returned with great numbers yet again, and has pretty much proven that it's a bonafide hit on its own.

House owes some thanks to American Idol. But, at the same time, the show is good enough that fans have come back to House, even without Idol as its lead-in. I think the phrase is annoying, because it implies that there are people who think it's only popular with Idol as its lead-in, which surely is NOT the case. The "coattails" thing made sense a year ago, but not now. Not anymore.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:25 pm
Team Kris

Here is what I remember about House's history.

The show started in 2004, airing after a billionaire's reality show. That reality show sunk in the ratings, while a small medical show airing after it was going up about 60-70% in the ratings above its lead-in. The ratings weren't spectacular, but House built on its lead-in, so Fox gave it the post-Idol slot. It took the remainder of the season to gain respectable numbers (or big numbers, by Fox standards).

Last season, the show came back and did very well on its own. Again, good by network standards, HUGE by Fox standards. Once Idol returned, the ratings kept going back up, hitting 20+ million a week.

This season, the show returned with great numbers yet again, and has pretty much proven that it's a bonafide hit on its own.

House owes some thanks to American Idol. But, at the same time, the show is good enough that fans have come back to House, even without Idol as its lead-in. I think the phrase is annoying, because it implies that there are people who think it's only popular with Idol as its lead-in, which surely is NOT the case. The "coattails" thing made sense a year ago, but not now. Not anymore.

Thank you, David Shore. :hahaha:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next