Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fast Food Nation 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Fast Food Nation 
Extraordinary

Post Fast Food Nation
Fast Food Nation

Quote:
Fast Food Nation is a 2006 American/British drama film directed by Richard Linklater. The screenplay was written by Linklater and Eric Schlosser, loosely based on the latter's bestselling 2001 non-fiction book of the same name.

Last edited by Joker's Thug #3 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:29 pm
Top Poster

What I liked about this movie was its depiction of its multiple characters in settings having the type of conversations we don't see in many movies. Many of the characters feel like they are real people dealing with work issues and choices that aren't explored much in film. And it provided some fair balance by depicting the perspective of those in suppliers' industry as humans rather than just evil archvillains. Bruce Willis in particular was a standout.

The main weakness in the movie was when it tried to preach to us directly through certain character's dialogue, particularly non-tangential topics to the fast food industry. This movie would've been a lot better if they just edited out all the completely unnecessary Ethan Hawke character as well as made the environmentalist characters less cringe-inducing (Avril Lavigne was particularly unconvincing).

BHW, perhaps I've been desensitized by all the horror films and the Nip/Tuck tv series, but the supposedly graphic, violent images in this movie weren't particularly shocking to me and I still feel perfectly fine about eating beef afterwards. The fact that there may be fetal matter within meat is not too concerning to me since manure is used to grow our organic vegetables anyways and we don't mind eating veggies as long as we washed them.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Why isn't this a sticky anymore? It just came out today..

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW