Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The 'Gilmore Girls' Thread 
Forum General

Post The 'Gilmore Girls' Thread
Haven't watched either of this season's new episodes yet, but I'm wondering what everyone else's thoughts on them have been.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I've liked them a lot, actually. I mean.. I can notice some of the differences now that Amy Sherman-Palladino is no longer directing/writing/producing (not as much pop culture references for one thing), but I the change hasn't been bad. I like where the new season is going so far. I've always been a big Christopher/Lorelai fan (even though I do think she belongs with Luke), so I'm excited to see how their relationship is handled this season.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

The first episode wasn't as horrible as most of last season was, but the second episode was almost unwatchable. The lighting and all the angles of the shots were just not Gilmores at all. It's now lit like a sit com and they do far too many close-ups, which ASP hated, and then they do these weird shots from like below or something. It just bothered the hell out of me. Not to mention the fact that the acting was completely flat on nearly everyone's part, but especially Lauren Graham.

But I do love Chris, so I hope it works out.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:19 am
Angels & Demons

Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

*******SPOILERS FOR LATER IN THE SEASON*******

I can't wait till Chris and Lorelai get married in November! It should be a great episode, and a great move for the show.

*******END SPOILERS*******

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I really do love Chris. I can't help but half wish she ends up with Christopher.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Tonight's episode was by far the best of the season. It's one of the better ones of this and the previous season. There have just been far too many lackluster episodes the past couple of seasons. It's not what it used to be.

I don't mind the whole Chris/Lorelai thing and won't be too pissed if they end up together, though it does seem kind of like a cop-out after a relationship between Lorelai and Luke had been building up for years. It's like the whole Joey and Dawson thing on Dawson's Creek and how she ended up with Pacey in the end, except it's not quite as annoying as that.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:51 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I don't mind the whole Chris/Lorelai thing and won't be too pissed if they end up together, though it does seem kind of like a cop-out after a relationship between Lorelai and Luke had been building up for years. It's like the whole Joey and Dawson thing on Dawson's Creek and how she ended up with Pacey in the end, except it's not quite as annoying as that.

They have been building up the Luke/Lorelai thing since like Episode 1, but still. They've also always had the Lorelai/Chris thing and I've always, always felt that Lorelai and Chris just BELONG together.. much in the same way Joey and Dawson belonged together (Although, after buying and watching all six seasons.. i've converted to a Pacey/Joey fan). I wouldn't mind either way if she ended up with Chris or with Luke. Although it will more than likely be with Luke.

Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Mike wrote:

They have been building up the Luke/Lorelai thing since like Episode 1, but still. They've also always had the Lorelai/Chris thing and I've always, always felt that Lorelai and Chris just BELONG together.. much in the same way Joey and Dawson belonged together (Although, after buying and watching all six seasons.. i've converted to a Pacey/Joey fan). I wouldn't mind either way if she ended up with Chris or with Luke. Although it will more than likely be with Luke.

I'm happy to report that the showrunner is a fan of Luke/Lorelai and thinks they're soulmates, so it's them who will likely end up together in the end. It's weird though because I find Chris more likeable than Luke and part of me wouldn't mind Chris and Lorelai being together since it just seems right with them having had Rory together and all, but yet I'd be disappointed if she didn't get with Luke because it's been what should happen all along. They're just meant for each other. She really has two soulmates, because one could argue that Chris and her are meant for each other too. I personally find Chris more appealing, but would be disappointed if her and Luke weren't together in the end.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:43 am
Forum General

There's no way it won't be Luke. Luke & Lorelai are like Ross & Rachel. The show just doesn't work without them.

As for this season, I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but I think it's been solid. Not classic Gilmore, but still good, and I haven't any problems with the new writing.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I thought this week's episode was good. Lorelai was quite funny. Next week's looks great!

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:59 pm
Forum General

Good? You're the first person I've seen say that. I thought it was boring. Probably the most boring episode yet. Last week was good, though.

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:05 pm
Speed Racer

saw this episode, I don't understand anyone with Lorelai, Luke is too stiff and Chris seems to be too much an intellect. She probably should live with Rory after she gets married as that would be her best crazy companion.

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

I'm not a big fan of the whole Chris/Lore relationship. However, I'm more content with that than the whole Rory/Logan relationship. That was in fact Amy's biggest fuck-up. I just can't get over the fact she let that ridiculous relationship get that far. How can someone as sweet as Rory, put up with being called "Ace". I'm sure Amy wanted a storyline about Rory dating some rich kid, but she went a way to OTT. I was pulling my hair out a lot during season 6.

However, the saving grace has always been the Lorelai/Emily relationship. Possibly the funniest ever Mother/Daughter relationship I have ever witnessed.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]