Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Wednesday 10/11 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Wednesday 10/11 Ratings
Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newsletters ... /index.jsp

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 12.8/20
2. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 11.9/17
3. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 11.8/19
4. "Lost" (ABC) 11.4/17
5. "Jericho" (CBS) 7.0/11
6. "The Nine" (ABC) 7.0/11
7. "MLB Playoffs" (FOX) 7.0/11
8. "30 Rock" (NBC) 6.3/10
9. "Dateline" (NBC) 6.1/10
10. "20 Good Years" (NBC) 5.7/9
11. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 5.4/8
12. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 4.8/7
13. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 2.5/4

Total Viewers

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 18.14
2. "CSI: NY" (CBS) 17.71
3. "Lost" (ABC) 16.66
4. "Criminal Minds" (CBS) 16.48
5. "Jericho" (CBS) 10.90
6. "The Nine" (ABC) 8.41
7. "MLB Playoffs" (FOX) 8.27
8. "30 Rock" (NBC) 8.26
9. "Dateline" (NBC) 8.24
10. "The Biggest Loser" (NBC) 7.37
11. "20 Good Years" (NBC) 6.97
12. "America's Next Top Model" (CW) 5.49
13. "One Tree Hill" (CW) 3.28

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

The Nine soon to be cancelled. Criminal Mind is a beast and people are finally tuning in like Without A Trace beating ER. At least now that Lost lost so many viewers, it will make the writers shape up and stop doing so many flashbacks and concentrate more on the mystery of the island that drew so many viewers the first season

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:03 pm
Begging Naked

With Medium taking Kidnapped's timeslot in "mid-November," The Nine is ske-ruuuuued.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

The Nine soon to be cancelled. Criminal Mind is a beast and people are finally tuning in like Without A Trace beating ER. At least now that Lost lost so many viewers, it will make the writers shape up and stop doing so many flashbacks and concentrate more on the mystery of the island that drew so many viewers the first season

Wait, I thought it was the mystery that was annoying people so much? I'm so, well, lost.

And this is nowhere near as monumental as E.R., 10-year Drama champ, getting beaten by the most critically aclaimed crime show on TV.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:09 pm
Profile WWW

Dont blame CBS. Blame the writers of Season 2 & 3 of Lost but at least yesterday's episode was an improvement over the season premiere

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:10 pm
Commander and Chef

so Lost 'lost' another 2.2 million viewers then?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

Wait, I thought it was the mystery that was annoying people so much? I'm so, well, lost.

And this is nowhere near as monumental as E.R., 10-year Drama champ, getting beaten by the most critically aclaimed crime show on TV.

It took like 3 seasons for WAT to beat ER and thats with a strong lead in like CSI. Criminal Minds taking less than 2 season without a strong lead in as Lost did with DWTS. By the time American Idol premieres, CM will definately beat Lost by more than 1 million viewers. I say thats momumental all thanks to Lost's story disappointing people and Inigo Montoya. I know the news is making you have some mood swings

Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 pm
New Server, Same X

All the big new shows are stumbling out of the starting gate. Studio 60, 30 Rock, The Nine, Smith. All these shows were supposed to be big, and they're all either canceled or on their way to being canceled.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:03 pm
Orphan

Is that a decrease for Jericho?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:06 pm
Orphan

Is that a decrease for Jericho?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:06 pm
Superman: The Movie

[font=century gothic]I hope Twenty Good Years can get some good word of mouth going around. John Lithgow was hilarious on the pilot and so was Tambor. The daughter was the only low point of the show. Not because of the actress, but the character. As for 30 Rock, I wasn't expecting that, but after the premiere, that's what it deserves. It was good for a couple of laughs here and there but the show as a whole wasn't funny at all.[/font]

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

What alot of these shows are failing to do is really branch out in the new TV landscape, which greatly depends on interaction with viewers, as has been accomplished with the Internet. Shows like Lost understood this, and went full force. A show like Grey's Anatomy was helped immensely by its lead in, but also provided something fresh, and character driven, and the season 1 DVD definitely helped it out in its 2nd season, as did the post-Superbowl episode. The soundtrack for Grey's Anatomy also helped it out immensely. Shows like Deal Or No Deal have the viewers interacting quite a bit in the show as well. Alot of the shows coming out, are re-threads of stuff that we've already seen. Alot of the shows that we're seeing now just aren't what people feel like (Studio 60, West Wing was on the downhill anyways, and coming out in the same year as another SNL ish show wasn't the best idea, even if they were different genres), The Nine, Six Degrees, some of these are a bit generic, and don't offer those outside the box views that really grab audiences. Something like Ugly Betty will thrive not only because of its schedule, and the success of Prada, but also because it isn't something you see everyday. If 30 Rock remains good, it will eventually find a following. NBC has football this year, and should definitely use that to help out its shows. Also, might I suggest putting Friday Night Lights on Friday's, just once? Maybe it will work? :sweat:

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:17 pm
Forum General

Decent for Tree Hill so far. :)

I doubt CW will be cancelling it (or any show other than Runaway and 7th Heaven) any time soon, but the retention is pretty bad, which is why Berman put it in the losers category.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
Decent for Tree Hill so far. :)

I doubt CW will be cancelling it (or any show other than Runaway and 7th Heaven) any time soon, but the retention is pretty bad, which is why Berman put it in the losers category.

I'm just happy to see the ratings up from last year. The coorelation between the two shows is pretty big, as it would be with any WB program with Top Model, so I'm not shocked to see some drop off. Getting Season 5 is all I care about really.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:31 pm
Forum General

Those are some pretty damn disappointing numbers for ABC.

Dancing with the Stars is doing just amazing but will be gone by mid-season.

LOST is still doing decent but will be gone by November.

The Nine is doing absolutely horrible and without a LOST lead-in after another 4 weeks, I don't see how it is going to even stand up with 7-8 million viewers.

Practically every new show has failed miserably. Heroes and Jericho seem to be the only ones here to stay for the long haul.

While I repeat again that ratinsg don't matter as much for Lost anymore because it generates so much more business and revenue elsewhere for abc that it's not in any danger of cancellation in the foreseeable future, that is still quite a drop. It's a loss of 5 millio viewers from last season's comparable episode.

Criminal Minda should pass Lost in viewers and overnights before Lost goes on hiatus.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lost drops to all-time low viewers, around 13-14 million before the season is out.

NBC is just faultering all over the place. They really can't seem to catch a break. I don't see them getting out of this rut for a while now. Their new schedule was promising but surprisingly, didn't deliver anything except for a single (and only modest) hit.

I can't believe CBS and their crime dramas are still a force to be reckoned with. All 3 CSIs could hit 20m viewers for at least one episode by the end of the season.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:34 pm
Forum General

We'll have to see with 30 Rock. NBC might have some of that "we think it's really good" sentiment toward it like they did with The Office.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

The news continues to be bad for NBC. Medium moving to Wednesdays at 10 in November may help them out slightly, considering how poorly they've been doing on Wednesdays so far.

My favorite is how Marc Berman apparently thinks Lost is going to get canceled tomorrow, or that's how he sounds.

Yeah, Lost is down, but who gives a crap? It's not like it's doing poorly.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:22 pm
Extraordinary

I think for Lost, the DVD sales have been phenomenal, so even if Lost was averaging 10 million viewers a week, but the DVD sales were staying the same, I could still see it being on the air...again, dvd sales=PHENOMENAL...

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

The news continues to be bad for NBC. Medium moving to Wednesdays at 10 in November may help them out slightly, considering how poorly they've been doing on Wednesdays so far.

My favorite is how Marc Berman apparently thinks Lost is going to get canceled tomorrow, or that's how he sounds.

Berman's opinion on the situation:

Quote:
Criminal Minds will benfit in the long run by the lack of attention. Five years from now I bet it will still be around. Lost won't be.

Yeah, he's totally owned by CBS.

Having been in a e-fighting mood as of late (Mostly thanks to Mav and Roid), I responded:

Quote:
Well, Lost wasn't exactly designed to be on five years from now. Criminal Minds was. And even then, will the crime show bubble be able to keep from popping five years from now?

I doubt I'll get much of a response other than some snarky comment. Why do I bother?

Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Libs wrote:

Berman's opinion on the situation:

Quote:
Criminal Minds will benfit in the long run by the lack of attention. Five years from now I bet it will still be around. Lost won't be.

Yeah, he's totally owned by CBS.

Having been in a e-fighting mood as of late (Mostly thanks to Mav and Roid), I responded:

Quote:
Well, Lost wasn't exactly designed to be on five years from now. Criminal Minds was. And even then, will the crime show bubble be able to keep from popping five years from now?

I doubt I'll get much of a response other than some snarky comment. Why do I bother?

What an idiot.

Lost probably won't have more than five or six seasons, regardless of ratings.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:11 pm
New Server, Same X

Yeah, saying "Lost" won't be on in five years is like saying "Tonight, it's going to get dark". If "Lost" is on in five years, JJ Abrams and Co. are just greedy bastards.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:12 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah they can't keep Lost going past 6 seaons. If they did they would be screwing the viewers. This isn't like 24 which could go on forever, even without Kiefer.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

God tv is so dull without Alias.

Yep, there's no show to kick around.

Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]